Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Rianov SOLO vs. Kestrel AB vs. G7 BR2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Re: Rianov SOLO vs. Kestrel AB vs. G7 BR2

Hello DonB.

Before responding to your questions, please allow me to paraphrase your question.

Does Rianov have the capability to correct for differences in predicted bullet drop vs. actual bullet drop at long range and make the correction automatically.?

My answer is based on the information that is obtainable at the Rainov website where I have viewed the operater's manual.

So - if I understand you correctly the answer is no. However, you can always adjust your muzzle velocity (MV) in the setup if predicted is different from actual bullet drop. They change in muzzle velocity must be determined by using JBM or AB software (they should give you the same result). Vertical deflection can be "trued" by tweeking either MV or BC. If using a Bryan Litz BC, Bryan recommends that you tweek MV - but I am sure that you already know this.

I hope this answers your question.

I am still looking for field test results for the Rianov. In my view it offers a reasonable priced alternative to both G7 BR2 and the Kestrel AB.

Frank
Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 AM

Hej DocB.

Sorry I got your name wrong in my last thread.

Frank
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankPetersenDK View Post
Hello DonB.

Before responding to your questions, please allow me to paraphrase your question.

Does Rianov have the capability to correct for differences in predicted bullet drop vs. actual bullet drop at long range and make the correction automatically.?

My answer is based on the information that is obtainable at the Rainov website where I have viewed the operater's manual.

So - if I understand you correctly the answer is no. However, you can always adjust your muzzle velocity (MV) in the setup if predicted is different from actual bullet drop. They change in muzzle velocity must be determined by using JBM or AB software (they should give you the same result). Vertical deflection can be "trued" by tweeking either MV or BC. If using a Bryan Litz BC, Bryan recommends that you tweek MV - but I am sure that you already know this.

I hope this answers your question.

I am still looking for field test results for the Rianov. In my view it offers a reasonable priced alternative to both G7 BR2 and the Kestrel AB.

Frank
Hi Frank,

No worries but thanks.

Yep, that's exactly the question that I was asking. And sir, your reply is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Always Grateful,

DocB

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas