close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Results: Load Development & Accurizing (part 2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Bronze Member

Results: Load Development & Accurizing (part 2)

See previous post "Results: Load Development & Accurizing (part 1)" if you have not read already.

Results: Load Development & Accurizing (Part 2)
After expanding barrel channel with sandpaper so barrel does not touch the stock:

6. After noticing that the 2 pressure points were very uneven (more pressure on one side of the barrel compared to the other) i decided to sand one side down level to the other so that equal pressure was being exerted on the barrel.

At this point, I could not wait to shoot the rifle to see how it shot with the stock sanded down and pressure points leveled. So, I went out in pouring rain, shot in the middle of the woods off an old very unstable shooting bench and shot 7 shots at a drenched target... The soggy target reflected that the gun still shot 1" groups (but I was in hope that it would shoot tighter now given the wind, rain, bench and uncomfortable shooting conditions!)

..Continued in part 3.