Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Remy 700 300 win mag 5R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Remy 700 300 win mag 5R

I just bought a Remington 700 300 win mag with the 5R barrel and a Bell and Carlson stock. It has a 26 inch barrel and was supposedly part of a special run where the B&C stock and cerakoted the barrel.

This is my first 300wm and am wondering what you think of this particular rifle. It is also threaded with a good break on it as I got it from my Accuracy International dealer.

I'm going to put a Nightforce ATACR on it after reading the review here the other day. Do I need to change the trigger or anything else?

Thanks,
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remy 700 300 win mag 5R

I absolutely hate the X-Mark Pro trigger. They're junk. The adjustability is a joke. I'd pull it and put a Jewell or Jard in it.

Other than that, sounds like you got it figured out.

I have several older Remington's with a trued and worked (old style) factory trigger and they are as good as any aftermarket, but my 5R .308 came with the X-Mark Pro trigger, and I can't stand it. Soon as I get some spare funds it's coming out and a Jewell Benchrest trigger is going in it's place.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM

Mudrunner, thanks for the advice,
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

i have three shilen and one jewell. i also have several with a factory triggers adjusted to be real good. google "remington crisp" follow the directions.