close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

Remington vs Build. Advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:56 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,722
Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

Knowing what it will do prior to plunking down cash is worth $800.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 05:26 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Posts: 128
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    [QUOTE=matt_3479;856437]Just posted this and accidentally named it wrong and figured i wouldn't get any responses that way. So i have been waiting to get a build going for some time now because what i have just isn't enough. My college bills are through the roof right now and just cant get it done till some are paid off .

    QUOTE]

    Maybe I am more practical here or the members here are like most American with debt up to their necks and don't care, but I think you should be concentrating on getting your College bills paid off, not buying more stuff.
    Reply With Quote

      #10  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 9,252
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_3479 View Post
    I like the way you think there. It will be my little brothers first time coming with us on our annual moose hunt. He wants to buy what I have currently and if we can work out a fair family price Id put that towards this and pay next to nothing for a pretty good deal. If I can get my nightforce, and a good load set up I may even get her up to moose camp this year.

    Only thing is I normally don't like selling 1 gun to fund another
    Then don't sell...Just buy more. That's what I do.
    __________________
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

    "Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
    Reply With Quote
      #11  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: az
    Posts: 3,168
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
    Knowing what it will do prior to plunking down cash is worth $800.
    it sounds like a good buy. you could sell the other one if necessary that is not long range capable.
    Reply With Quote
      #12  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 09:52 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: SW Montana
    Posts: 5,515
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    [quote=rcairflr;856603]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_3479 View Post
    Just posted this and accidentally named it wrong and figured i wouldn't get any responses that way. So i have been waiting to get a build going for some time now because what i have just isn't enough. My college bills are through the roof right now and just cant get it done till some are paid off .

    QUOTE]

    Maybe I am more practical here or the members here are like most American with debt up to their necks and don't care, but I think you should be concentrating on getting your College bills paid off, not buying more stuff.

    I 100% agree with this!!! Shoot what you have for a year get out of debt then build the custom rifle, this is not the path I took and wish I had now cause I'd have custom rifles free and clear now!!!
    __________________
    "Pain is weakness leaving your body"
    Reply With Quote
      #13  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 847
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    [quote=bigngreen;856695]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcairflr View Post


    I 100% agree with this!!! Shoot what you have for a year get out of debt then build the custom rifle, this is not the path I took and wish I had now cause I'd have custom rifles free and clear now!!!
    Oh I wouldn't even be considering it if I won't be selling my rifle to my brother. If my brother for sure wants it, I will only pay 150 dollars (after the trade to my bro) to pick up this rifle.
    Reply With Quote
      #14  
    Unread 09-26-2013, 03:46 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Posts: 9,252
    Re: Remington vs Build. Advice needed

    [quote=matt_3479;856821]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post

    Oh I wouldn't even be considering it if I won't be selling my rifle to my brother. If my brother for sure wants it, I will only pay 150 dollars (after the trade to my bro) to pick up this rifle.
    If that's the case, I'd buy that $800 rig, slap that NF on top of it, and do work!
    __________________
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

    "Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC