Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Remington Kept My Sendero II 7 RUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Remington Kept My Sendero II 7 RUM

I'm with Backyardsniper. I wont buy another Rem.

Savage or Tikka are impressing me right now.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post
good deal for you. I am used to the (it is with in our factory specs sorry)
That's pretty much the response they gave me last year. I had a R25 .308 that would average about 2.5+ MOA with everything I put through it, several hundred rounds of anything and everything. I called them and they said that was acceptable. Not for a rifle that is going for $1600! Knowing it was built for Remington by DPMS, I called DPMS and they paid for the shipping and rebarreled it. Had it back in about three weeks. It will average around 1 MOA now, I guess beggars can't be choosy.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
Fred, I had one in a CDL. Great looking rifle, but would not shoot for $4;@#. I tried everything. I traded it it. When I bought the gun in November, my dealer almost frowned at me when I told him to special order it for me. He did tell me that ammo I almost non existent, but he knew that I hand load. I am almost thinking that he may know something, or that he had heard something. I am not sure if this is a quality issue, or a liability issue. But the above post flashes red lights in my way of thinking. Maybe they will RE- introduce the STW! Remington has always been one to keep the 7 mm line of ammo and rifles on the market. If the 7 RUM flops, which I think is going to happen, I think the STW will make a re appearance. If not, we shall see what happens.
7 STW.
We shall see my friend, we so shall. As long as my gunsmith is willing to chamber the 7stw, which he loves, that is what I will stick with. Going to ask santa claus for some brass for Christmas, maybe he will make some this year.
FE
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 PM

The Remington 7RUM is a good Rifle , I have one that shoots like a beam of light and gets 1/2 inch or better at a 100 yards all day long . One thing that I noticed you said was your shots could be good one day and not so good the next , I found out early that you have to get "all" the copper out . I use nothing but sweets 7.62 for that and it's kept my Rifle shooting really well . I'm sorry your gun didn't work out for you but it is a Rifle you would have really enjoyed if it shot well .
Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltactiondave284 View Post
The Remington 7RUM is a good Rifle , I have one that shoots like a beam of light and gets 1/2 inch or better at a 100 yards all day long . One thing that I noticed you said was your shots could be good one day and not so good the next , I found out early that you have to get "all" the copper out . I use nothing but sweets 7.62 for that and it's kept my Rifle shooting really well . I'm sorry your gun didn't work out for you but it is a Rifle you would have really enjoyed if it shot well .
He isn't the only one to get a crappy 7rum. I got a lh lss that wouldn't do inside of three inches and also broke 3 sizing dies because of the sloppy chamber they put in it. I gave it back to the shop and rolled the dice on a rh bdl in 7rum; that rifle shot dang well 'till I shot it out.
I went back to the stw as my primary big 7mm until last winter. I found a used lhlss 7rum I figured I would try out. At least I'd have a lh ss action if it blew chunks. So far I've only got one good load with it, but that's enough as I'm planning on shooting it out and re-barreling it anyway.