Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Remington Kept My Sendero II 7 RUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: Remington Kept My Sendero II 7 RUM

I used to shoot rem700s exclusively, had a whole collection of them. Their quality has gone to hell, and their customer service sucks. So, F**K remington I have quit them completely. I wont even have a custom built on a rem anymore. Win/FN or Savage for me from now on. Just my .02
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardsniper View Post
I used to shoot rem700s exclusively, had a whole collection of them. Their quality has gone to hell, and their customer service sucks. So, F**K remington I have quit them completely. I wont even have a custom built on a rem anymore. Win/FN or Savage for me from now on. Just my .02
Let us know how you really feel.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member

My past experience with Remington was favorable. They reduced one of my rifle triggers to 3 pounds. This was back before I knew what a Jewel was.

AND, if they know their bbls are "bad" that are in the factory, isn't it possible/likely that bbls installed on rifles that already went out are bad too? They going to issue a recall?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek M. View Post
My past experience with Remington was favorable. They reduced one of my rifle triggers to 3 pounds. This was back before I knew what a Jewel was.

AND, if they know their bbls are "bad" that are in the factory, isn't it possible/likely that bbls installed on rifles that already went out are bad too? They going to issue a recall?
Sounds like a too little, too late to me.

7 STW.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Silver Member

This not the first 7rum that has been defective, I know of two men in Mississippi that had the same problems, wouldn't shoot. They contacted Remington, but didn't get the same results. Remington told them that the rifles weren't guaranteed to shoot any type of group. The best they could get was 3" to 5" groups. One of the guys said that they were going to take a picture of him throwing the whole rifle in the Miss. River and send it to them and another picture of him buying a Winchester to replace it. They both rebarreled the sendero's in 7stw and the rest is history, they drive tacks now.
Remington should go back to what works, chamber the rifles in 7stw and make all the brass you can get and it would sell for sure then because it will shoot and it just plain works. Pay Layne Simpson and be done with it and sell rifles. I would buy brass for sure for the two I own.
FE
Old 03-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Gold Member

I'm confused how anyone thinks this fellow is lucky to get a new rifle. Just look at Remingtons's claims about the quality of their products. Does what they say line up with what they do? How does this rifle even make it out the door? I'll tell you how. Flood the market with any quality of product including known or suspected defective units and deal with the relatively small percentage that comes back in the form of a return. Look how hard this fella worked to make his shoot before he sent it back. I'm not sure how you even get to the point where you have a factory full of bad barrels but I suspect Remington will find a way put them into service and work them into distribution because throwing away suspect materials and/or insuring each unit has a degree of "excellence" before it goes out the door will no doubt affect the "margins". Yeah, those Management guys are smart aren't they? If you ask me, each Remington purchased should come with a spare in case the first one won't shoot (and you know it won't). Everybody jabbers on about how great they are to modify. That's because you don't like what you bought!

And even after knowing all this, still we keep buying them???? Some people shouldn't be allowed to have money.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Ea View Post
This not the first 7rum that has been defective, I know of two men in Mississippi that had the same problems, wouldn't shoot. They contacted Remington, but didn't get the same results. Remington told them that the rifles weren't guaranteed to shoot any type of group. The best they could get was 3" to 5" groups. One of the guys said that they were going to take a picture of him throwing the whole rifle in the Miss. River and send it to them and another picture of him buying a Winchester to replace it. They both rebarreled the sendero's in 7stw and the rest is history, they drive tacks now.
Remington should go back to what works, chamber the rifles in 7stw and make all the brass you can get and it would sell for sure then because it will shoot and it just plain works. Pay Layne Simpson and be done with it and sell rifles. I would buy brass for sure for the two I own.
FE
Fred, I had one in a CDL. Great looking rifle, but would not shoot for $4;@#. I tried everything. I traded it it. When I bought the gun in November, my dealer almost frowned at me when I told him to special order it for me. He did tell me that ammo I almost non existent, but he knew that I hand load. I am almost thinking that he may know something, or that he had heard something. I am not sure if this is a quality issue, or a liability issue. But the above post flashes red lights in my way of thinking. Maybe they will RE- introduce the STW! Remington has always been one to keep the 7 mm line of ammo and rifles on the market. If the 7 RUM flops, which I think is going to happen, I think the STW will make a re appearance. If not, we shall see what happens.
7 STW.