Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

remington custom shop sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: remington custom shop sendero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
i picked up a 2010 remington brochure/catalog. page 46 and 47 ( and 48 and 49) has their custom shop stuff. there is a picture of a sendero from the custom shop. immediately caused my throat to get dry and my eyes misty.
Ron, that's called love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
Well I admit that I just don't like many factory gunbuilders.
IMO, there are too many of them, and this dilutes the market to the point of 'unprofitable' for those who would otherwise build better guns today.
With this, I flat out despise Remington, Remington clones, and thousands of gunsmiths building 'custom guns' out of pawnshop Remington parts.
Gunshop shelves are full of this garbage...

On the flipside, Savage has actually put efforts into meeting end-user needs. Their guns have improved so much that all their innovations can no longer be denied.
This takes effort, and Savage should be rewarded for it.

I don't hold either right now, and bring mention only for contrast. I see so much junk on American shelves now, and the only way it's gonna improve is for customers to make it so.
I say pick something special and let Remingtons rot on the shelf. If enough people did this gunshop inventories would change, and soon every lazy gunbuilder would consider customer needs or fade out of our way(as they should).
Which is better? A giant displacing our market with crap? Or Customers driving advancements in their endeavors?
+1. Here's an end result that speaks volume and hard to argue with ...

Savage Arms > News > Team Savage Wraps Up Long-Range Season in Dominant Fashion .

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Ron, that's called love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaglet- it was a very emotional moment. i am embarrassed the savage guys high jacked the thread. i will say : team savage ; with savage rifles have shot and continue to shoot some amazing scores in long range competition. i shoot regularly in long range competition and know how hard it is. however, in my opinion all of that should have gone in another thread.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

You come over here with a Chevy, you're gonna get a Ford..
What else would a forum discussion be if not for the contrast?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

I have owned many Savages and many Remingtons and many Rugers as well as other brands and after more than 2222 posts I did not know it was sinful, per say, to speak about Chevys...

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
Eaglet- it was a very emotional moment. i am embarrassed the savage guys high jacked the thread. i will say : team savage ; with savage rifles have shot and continue to shoot some amazing scores in long range competition. i shoot regularly in long range competition and know how hard it is. however, in my opinion all of that should have gone in another thread.
You're absolutely right! Please accept my sincere apology for being part of the hijacking. However, it was not my intent to do so, I am merely stating to recognize any gun manufacture's efforts and accomplishments (as you did with your statement above) ... and i should have done a better job conveying it.

Like Eaglet, I too own Savages, Remingtons, and Rugers (and other brands) and am pleased with all of them. Sometimes brand loyalty is strong and oftentimes too strong we forget the obvious ones.

Now that I got that out of the way, please rekindle the love at first sight moment.

Again, please accept my sincere apology. Cheers!

V/R

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member

i probably protesteth a little too much . it is true remington has not done much lately in my/our opinion. savage has done some stuff- they make several 6.5-284 and a 6mmbr. that shows some real in sight . if remington made a 6.5-284 sendero . ............ in the mean time team savage continues to win . believe me, try shooting 66 rounds at 1000 yards .