Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

remington custom shop sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: remington custom shop sendero

Here's a link for the catalog in pdf format. Not any details but a picture of the rifle. Looks good.

Shotgun Catalogs - Hunting Catalogs - Centerfire Catalogs - Remington Catalogs
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Bronze Member

no flutes on the ss barrel in the picture. nice.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

I know the purpose of this thread is to bring out Remington lovers for a praise-fest.
I know it ain't what you wanna hear..
But most any shelf Savage would whip the snot outta Remington's 'best'. If not immediately, then with a 10minute barrel & bolt head swap..
And you wouldn't have to put up with a big-whoopty-doopty/antique 3lb trigger pull!

You should be wondering why Remington hasn't improved one thing, in our lifetimes.
They can't even catch up with the aftermarket -for their own guns!

It's a shame to reward this
Old 09-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
It's a shame to reward this
Talk about raining on the parade!

I've never owned a Savage. I'm 55 now and when I was in my 20s they were considered the equivalent of Tinker Toys. But I've read a lot of good about them over the past 7 years so they must have really kicked their research and development section in the butt some time during the past 35 years.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

Well I admit that I just don't like many factory gunbuilders.
IMO, there are too many of them, and this dilutes the market to the point of 'unprofitable' for those who would otherwise build better guns today.
With this, I flat out despise Remington, Remington clones, and thousands of gunsmiths building 'custom guns' out of pawnshop Remington parts.
Gunshop shelves are full of this garbage...

On the flipside, Savage has actually put efforts into meeting end-user needs. Their guns have improved so much that all their innovations can no longer be denied.
This takes effort, and Savage should be rewarded for it.

I don't hold either right now, and bring mention only for contrast. I see so much junk on American shelves now, and the only way it's gonna improve is for customers to make it so.
I say pick something special and let Remingtons rot on the shelf. If enough people did this gunshop inventories would change, and soon every lazy gunbuilder would consider customer needs or fade out of our way(as they should).
Which is better? A giant displacing our market with crap? Or Customers driving advancements in their endeavors?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Gold Member

Savage?? Come on now..You can't hardly give away a savage around here.Remington 700 is a much nicer rifle all day every day.The 2 I have right now shoot 5 shots into 3/4 inch and better with no work on them. Not even a trigger job. If you like the feel of a cheapo rifle yeh savage is in the lead.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highridge1 View Post
Savage?? Come on now..You can't hardly give away a savage around here.Remington 700 is a much nicer rifle all day every day.The 2 I have right now shoot 5 shots into 3/4 inch and better with no work on them. Not even a trigger job. If you like the feel of a cheapo rifle yeh savage is in the lead.
Now Now Highridge1 don't you know that when MikeCR speaks we ahould all fall to our knees and thank him for the knowledge that he is imparting upon us know nothing Peons?