Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Remington Custom Shop Questions??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Bronze Member

Remington Custom Shop Questions??

I'm checked out the custom shop, i really liked the AWR II and was wondering who has had experience with this line. They are a little vague, sounds like they are great quality but i was curious about the price and what their MOA garauntee is. I called, had to leave a message. I had to leave my email because i dont have a reliable phone over here in the 'stan. If they get into custom shop prices i'll look elsewhere, if anyone knows of a custom shop that builds hunting rifles for around or under $3000 i'm all ears. Anyways i appreciate the input.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Gold Member

Re: Remington Custom Shop Questions??

$3K is easy to work with!! Many of the site sponsors can get you behind a nice rifle for that.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f110/

Also, GA Precision is in that range and well regarded.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Gold Member

I own a custom shop mountain rifle. I took it to a certified remington smith back in 98
to have it bedded and the throat lengthened a hair. When I told him it was a custom
shop rifle he said, " That could be good, or not so good." Not a ringing endorsement.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member

I have had a few Remington Custom shop rifles. I currently have a 7mm Mag and a 25-06 model 700C that I've owned for many years. They are nice guns but I don't think they compare to some of the custom guns I've seen.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Bronze Member

I was wondering about that, I appreciate the input. What is the price range on these rifles? I'm not looking for anything flashy but i liked the rifle.

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat
"Fortune Favors The Audacious"
Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

Current retail on a 700C Custom is around $3500. If you like that AWR rifle, I wouldn't be one to discourage you from buying it. If you have a gunsmith build you one just like it, you'll have around that in it. When I said they didn't compare to some custom guns I've seen, I wasn't limiting it to those in that price range. I would suggest you shop around some internet auction sites. I've seen some for a lot less than retail.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the input Edd, I have a couple months yet before i will be putting any kind of mney down. I like the idea if building my own but to get an honest idea of what it will cost will have to take a trip to a gunsmith and see how much head spacing on a barrel, getting a stock bedded, etc is going to cost.

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat
"Fortune Favors The Audacious"