close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #29  
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 221
Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

What load did you shoot out of the 300 Ultra to get 12 firings. I'm doing good to get 3 before the primer pockets won't hold the primer reliably. Thats 91 gr H1000 behind a 300 gr Berger at 2800 fps. I'd love to see Lapua brass as an option
Reply With Quote
  •   #30  
    Unread 12-15-2013, 11:24 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 4,998
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    Remington will leave "chads" as well.......Rich
    Reply With Quote

      #31  
    Unread 12-15-2013, 02:45 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 58
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erik Kiser View Post
    What load did you shoot out of the 300 Ultra to get 12 firings. I'm doing good to get 3 before the primer pockets won't hold the primer reliably. Thats 91 gr H1000 behind a 300 gr Berger at 2800 fps. I'd love to see Lapua brass as an option

    175 grain Barnes LRX bullets loaded with 93 grains of retumbo.
    Reply With Quote
      #32  
    Unread 12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 58
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
    Remington will leave "chads" as well.......Rich

    Huh, I must just be lucky....I've not come across one yet.
    I don't mean to imply that you are incorrect, just that I have not come across one.
    Reply With Quote
      #33  
    Unread 12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 4,998
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Screwey1 View Post
    Huh, I must just be lucky....I've not come across one yet.
    I don't mean to imply that you are incorrect, just that I have not come across one.
    Ya, I ream both WW and RP cases.......Rich
    Reply With Quote
      #34  
    Unread 12-15-2013, 05:06 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: California Central Coast
    Posts: 3,094
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    with Remington I've had plenty of the following but will still buy it:

    Off center flash hole
    Out of round rims
    Crushed cases in the package
    Hanging chads
    Neck wall variance of > .004

    In lot weight variance is not that bad.
    __________________
    Fred Seaman - NRA Life Member
    “Ask, Listen, Learn, Grow”
    "Quit worrying about the little things, good luck and god speed"
    Reply With Quote
      #35  
    Unread 12-16-2013, 12:27 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts: 366
    Re: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
    with Remington I've had plenty of the following but will still buy it:

    Off center flash hole
    Out of round rims
    Crushed cases in the package
    Hanging chads
    Neck wall variance of > .004

    In lot weight variance is not that bad.
    Yep the RP brass is fairly average but I tested RP old & new, Bertram, Nosler/Norma & FC

    I would still rather use RP & suggest it to my clients, go figure....
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: Remington Braas Quality or Lack of ?
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    STW Brass or lack of ol mike Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 12 10-04-2007 12:08 AM
    Remington VSSF factory stock quality Equipment Discussions 12 08-23-2004 12:15 PM
    Swarovski Turrets - Or The Lack Of Them? Perkules Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 9 04-04-2004 09:03 AM
    Remington Quality, just how bad is it??? Cotton Mouth The Basics, Starting Out 16 01-23-2004 04:03 AM
    SST & AMax lack of expansion.? Jake in NC Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 5 12-24-2003 12:11 AM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC