Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
And if you can't find it on here or ebay....You can always buy it new from Brownells (like I had to do)...But there the whole ADL-to-BDL conversion kit is about $150 + shipping. But it's all brand new factory Remington parts.

BDL Standard SA Triggerguard/Mag Kit : REMINGTON 700 ADL-TO-BDL KITS | Brownells

BUT..as you say its $150 smackers. I picked up one that didnt have the sheet metal box magazine...use and looked new for $29.00 once. Sorry to say not every time but a savings like that just once is enough to make one keep coming back.

For $69.00.....tough to pass up!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
BUT..as you say its $150 smackers. I picked up one that didnt have the sheet metal box magazine...use and looked new for $29.00 once. Sorry to say not every time but a savings like that just once is enough to make one keep coming back.
Yeah, but I had to have one, and couldn't find one anywhere... Of course, now that I don't need one anymore, and bought a new one, you will find them everywhere. I needed a stainless standard LA setup, and all I could find were magnum setups and SA setups.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
LOCO- looks great. how about pic of your targets? did you go coues hunting this year yet??
I did not draw a tag this year! Two of my brothers killed this year. Hopefully I can smoke something with this next year.

I haven't made it to the range yet. I will update this post when I do. Still deciding on a load.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Yeah, but I had to have one, and couldn't find one anywhere... Of course, now that I don't need one anymore, and bought a new one, you will find them everywhere. I needed a stainless standard LA setup, and all I could find were magnum setups and SA setups.
I got the bottom metal, spring, mag box and follower for a grand total of $15. I had bid on a few on eBay and looked at the new kits. I really didn't have any business buying anything right now so I was trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

My boy has his first cow elk hunt this weekend and then my brother and dad have some late bull tags. Between university, work, hunts I probably won't get to shoot it until first part of December.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Looks great. Man if bottom metal assemblies could talk. You'd get an earfull of stories of years of Alaskan and Arizona, Colorado adventures.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
Looks great. Man if bottom metal assemblies could talk. You'd get an earfull of stories of years of Alaskan and Arizona, Colorado adventures.
Haha! I wish they could, hopefully many more to come on this rifle.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco4coues View Post
I got the bottom metal, spring, mag box and follower for a grand total of $15. I had bid on a few on eBay and looked at the new kits. I really didn't have any business buying anything right now so I was trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

My boy has his first cow elk hunt this weekend and then my brother and dad have some late bull tags. Between university, work, hunts I probably won't get to shoot it until first part of December.

$15..wow...thats tough to take. Ive found that if I ship ahead of a build I can usually get what I need. Looking for an SST bottom metal assy at present but MAY change my mind to a black one and have the action and barrel Cerrocoated