Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member

Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

I started out with a good deal on a Remington 700 Varmint ADL in .308. This has the heavy 26" barrel. I found a B&C stock that I really liked in BDL and started my search for the bottom metal, etc. to convert it over. I posted on here and a local AZ site for what I wanted. Michael, a member on both sites, sent me a message and hooked me up with some parts. I still need a scope, I'm thinking Vortex Viper. Also I ordered a Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob that I will be installing soon. Here are some before and after pictures so far.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion-before.jpg   Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion-comparestocks.jpg  

Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion-after1.jpg   Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion-after2.jpg  

Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion-after3.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remington 700 Varmint ADL .308 conversion

You have a great platform to start with. Reminds me a lot of a rifle I once had and steadily transformed...

My 308 1k Rifle - The Evolution Continues!

Read the thread all the way to the end and you will see the rifle become....

My 260 by MCR
Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Looks 10x better already, with just the B&C stock.

Looks like yours wears the 26" heavy barrel...That will come in great for gaining and retaining velocity and LR stability.

Looks like you have a great platform to start out with.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Just for the info....A person can almost always find BDL bottom metal for sale on eBay....sometimes just a floor place...some times the whole wad. I paid $65 for a whole bottom rig...metal mag insert...you name it was a take-off and had never been used
Old 11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I'm not sure what this will turn into. I'm going to shoot it as is for a while. I've never done anything like this before. Usually I just "accurize" my stock rifles a bit then shoot the crap out of them. This is the first time I've upgraded a stock or anything. I'm excited and hopefully I can get out and shoot it soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

LOCO- looks great. how about pic of your targets? did you go coues hunting this year yet??
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Just for the info....A person can almost always find BDL bottom metal for sale on eBay....sometimes just a floor place...some times the whole wad. I paid $65 for a whole bottom rig...metal mag insert...you name it was a take-off and had never been used
And if you can't find it on here or ebay....You can always buy it new from Brownells (like I had to do)...But there the whole ADL-to-BDL conversion kit is about $150 + shipping. But it's all brand new factory Remington parts.

BDL Standard SA Triggerguard/Mag Kit : REMINGTON 700 ADL-TO-BDL KITS | Brownells

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.