The Savage accuracy advantages are numerous...
1. Button rifled barrels are more consistent with less "issues" than hammer forged barrels (like Remington and pretty much everyone else uses).
2. Shorter span between the action screws limits torquing of the receiver.
3. Shorter lock time (the time from which the trigger sear breaks till primer ignites).
4. Toggle type bolt lugs do not need to be lapped, they engage evenly by nature.
5. Barrel nut design allows for closer indexing of barrel to action, and tight chambers (another accuracy advantage).
6. The new Accu-trigger can be set to break at under 2 pounds in most cases, with no creep at all.
7. With all else being equal, they cost less.