Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Remington 700 Actions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Bronze Member

Remington 700 Actions

Hello all,

Pardon my ignorance but... Are all Remington 700 long actions the same???
By that I mean is the one on my Sendero the same as those found on these cheap looking rifle that Wally world carry?
I am investigating a one click gun and was looking at the cheapest way of getting another Remington long action.
By the way the rifle was selling for $321.00 and all it has on the barrel is "Rem 700". No ADL or BDL. What are those two acronyms means anyway?
Thank you for your time.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Remington 700 Actions

TireurDelite,

The only difference is that they may have a different quality of finish on the outside of the receiver. The lower priced ADLs and new SPS M700s will have a coarse matte finish while the BDL or newer CDL will be either polished or finished with a classy soft matte finish.

Accuracy potential, no difference at all. I get in the lower priced 700 receivers all the time to build my customers rifles. Course once they are all fully accurized they are s totally different critter then any factory offered Rem 700.

If your building a custom rifle from the ground up, do not spend the money for the upper priced Rem 700s when the lower priced will perform equally as well and save you from $150 to $200 in receiver price. Spend that money on a full accurizing job and you will be much happier!!!

The difference between the ADL and BDL is that the ADL has a blind magazine with a solid bottom stock with no magazine floorplate.

The BDL generally has a better finish and has the open hinged floorplate.

To be honest, the ADL design is a stiffer more accurate design as the stock will not flex nearly as much as the BDL. For my extreme accuracy rifles I prefer the ADL stock design.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen (50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Remington 700 Actions

If you want a stainless action here is something for you to think about. I have been doing very well selling stocks, barrels and bottom metal on e-bay. Recently I parted out a Remington vssf-2 22-250 and ended up with being into a stainless action, trigger and bottom metal for only $265. Iím thinking about selling the bottom metal on there also, so itís going to be even cheaper. Doing this well is very dependant on the rifle you choose to part out and the time of year. I chose 22-250 because of varmint season. Recently I seen a new sps stock go for $80 and the bottom metal usually goes for $60-80. If you do some homework maybe this will save you some $$$.......maybe I just got extremely lucky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Glen