Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Redding S Dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Platinum Member

Redding S Dies

I got all my new 300 Ultra brass, 220gr SMK's, bushings, body die, seater die......but no neck size die. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It was back ordered. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .

I'll call them tomarrow, but was wondering, does anybody know what the "hangtime" might be for one or how they handle backorders there? It doesn't appear that I was charged for shipping either.

I was really hoping to get the new brass prepped and on it's first ride to the range tomarrow [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Been waiting for a while to put those 220 MK's downrange in the 300, so it looks like the regular Redding will have to do until I get the type S sizer.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Redding S Dies

Brent,

I dont know who you ordered your die through, but I just ordered a redding "s" neck sizer from sinclair for the 308 and it is backordered as well, they told me it would take 2-3 weeks for them to get it and up to a week for me to get it. I am not entirely sure how they handle it.

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Redding S Dies

I emailed Redding about availability after Sinclair said it would be a week to ten days to get them from Redding because they were back ordered.

Redding said they had them in stock? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
I forwarded the email to my contact at Sinclair about the availability.
My die was here three days later. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck. I'm getting the comp set for my 308s next. BO were sent one at a time about two days apart, I had three items, postage was HIGH for each one too. I'll call to make sure the stuff is availible next time instead of using they're website.