Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Recoil Reduction - Muzzle Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Recoil Reduction - Muzzle Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
Haha isn't that the truth! My by far worst was when I was breaking in my 338 lapua. I was getting ready to take a 3 shot at 300 yards I just got back from setting up the target so the only thing that was on my mind was shooting. got behind her and let her sing!! I was rolling my ass all over the ground but I wasn't laughing. Lol i think Im still hearing that ring!
Ya when we were braking out 338 Lapua in my Dad sent one without the hearing on and he had to go grab some ibuprofen because of the instant headache.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Bronze Member

I just went with an elk meadow performance - I was skeptical when I got it b/c it was so light. I put it on my 7 wsm - and was pleasantly surprised when I shot it. I was like a 223. My 9 year old son now shoots the rifle.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

I just had a 338LM built with a "fat bastard" brake from APA. In fairness, the rifle is a tank, but I was SHOCKED at the lack of recoil. And directly behind the rifle, prone, the blast and noise was not excessive (with ear protection).

Plus, they have a you tube video that I can watch about 12 straight times before it stops being entertaining.

I have a 300 WSM that I have grown to not enjoy shooting, and it effects accuracy. It will be wearing an APA brake soon.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Haha yep, FEENIX showed me that vid, i busted out laughing and it kinda hurt me to watch that rifle hit the dirt. Especially the one they used in the "how not to break in your rifle" video.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Bronze Member

Went with the "Little Bastard" for my .300 wm.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Silver Member

The APA video is a pretty good visual demonstration!

Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I need to make me a video, I put the 1" brake on 338 Lapua Imp and the owner said it was like shooting his 243. That's with 300 gr SMK. It will hold it's own with the Fat Basdard I installed both the little and fat for one of my tactical customers and they are also a nice brake, but 3.5 oz heavier.

Elk Meadow Performance
www.elkmeadowperformance.com