Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Re: Barrel, action and trigger manufacturers and related info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Bronze Member

I am about to start a build ! Is the savage target action a good base to start a build ???? The biggest reason for the choice is i have four accu triggers and wont to stay with that trigger ! Any views on this would be a great help !!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member

Tony,

I had Chris Matthews at LSR build a 7mm-08 on a Savage Target action and dropped it in a Joel Russo laminated stock. That gun shoots extreemly well, don't know for sure if its the action or the builder, but it shoots. You just have to look a little harder for a stock that fits.

Chris
Old 09-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

If I was set on a savage build, go straight to Fred Moro at Sharp Shooter Supply and see if he has the action you want in stock already trued and timed. Save you a year wait and some bucks right off the top.

He also has plenty of stocks on hand, but Joel Russo builds a mean stock.

BH
Old 09-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Bronze Member

Winmagman
Thanks for the info ! I have to say there are just a few who have built on a savage action !!! As i said the mane reson for the savage action is the accutrigger !!! I think that there triggers are about the best you can find !!!! If i could i would install the accutrigger on all my long guns !!!! To bad savage dosent sell just the Trigger group !!! I have found that that type set up makes me think befor each shot !!! With it i am about a 1/4 inch better than with out it !!! The reason i know this is because i have a savege 270 WSM and a Tikka 270 WSM ! I got the Tikka because of weight ! The savge is heavy for a spot and stalk gun !!! And iam not a spring chicken any more !!! well need to get out in the garage and got going on rounds for both guns . Hope to talke to you more!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Bronze Member

Bountyhunter
Thanks for your reply !!!! I will give Fred moro a try !!!! And I will give joel a ring also !!!! I do know H S has stocks that will fit any build also !!! Any way need to get going on rounds for the long guns !
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

Tony,

Just a heads up. The Accutrigger on the target action is an entirely different animal than than standard Accutrigger. You can turn the Target trigger down so low that a stiff breeze will make it go off well not quite that low but you can get it down there pretty lite.

Chris
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

Winmagman ( chris )
yea I know about how low it will go !!! my big bore is set as low as the hunting trigger will go !!!! I just love the way it works !!!! you have to think about what your doing with a accutrigger !!!!!And i for one am a better shot because of it !!!
I now have a 14 1/2 inch antelop for the wall because of it !!! the shot was about 425 steped off !!! Hunting wise my goal is a nice mule deer next ! Then after that i plan on trying F class competitions also!
hope to talke to you agine