Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

The Raptors are ready!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: The Raptors are ready!!!!

Congratulations on becoming a precision action manufacturer and such a great product announcement. Excellent pictures, comparisons and product knowledge. Best of luck.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Gold Member

Kirby, the pics of the Raptor are wonderful! However, they just dont do the action justice. The Raptor is so much more impressive in person. And "slick", oh my, that is one of the slickest working actions I have ever felt. All that goes to the reason I ordered the first Stalker version! I cant wait.

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Great looking action Kirby, I wish I would have waited on ordering the Stiller Tac338 for the build you'll be doing for me... Maybe I'll see about selling that action and using one of yours? The only problem I see is the McMillan HTG stock i ordered is inletted for the Stiller action. I'd sure like to upgrade I think.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Well, I already need to make a correction. When we were designing the Raptor, I requested that the bolt handle be welded to the bolt body for a much stronger bond then a brazed on bolt.

Well, to my suprise, My manufacturer contacted me and corrected me. The bolts are one piece bolts, no welds, no brazings, solid steel. To get this feature makes the Raptor an even better value for the investment.

The original Nesika Bay bolts were one piece bolts. I do not believe that is the case with current Nesika Bolts but can not say for sure.

Again, to make the correction, the Raptor has a solid one piece bolt.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

JedLowe,

Old friend, good to hear from you.

The Raptor Stalker will be fitted with either a McMillan BDL or Manner MCS-T, either made with carbon fiber shell. Custom contour barrel which will be similiar to the LRSS barrel contour but with a shank length that is roughly half as long 4" compared to 8" and with a 1.250" diameter instead of the 1.350" for the LRSS.

The contour will also be much lighter. The LRSS contour is similiar to a Lilja #8 whereas the Stalker will be similiar to a #4 in 7mm calibers and #5 in larger calibers.

The tapered section of barrel will be fluted but unlike the LRSS which has a fluted shank, the Stalker will have an unfluted shank.

Triggers will be Jewell on both models.

The LRSS will have a medium PK brake. The Stalker will be fitted with a Small PK.

To get under 9 lbs, a set of light weight rings will be used such as the NF Tactical Ultralights and a lighter weight scope will need to be used such as a Leupold Mk4 or something similiar.

With a NF scope the rifle would likely be a bit heavier then 9 lbs.

Hope this helps some.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Boman,

I do not think the inletting would be much of a problem using the Raptor as the Stiller is very similiar to a Rem 700 as well. Your call.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Gold Member

Kirby,

Wow that was fast. Thanks for the quick reply. I guess then when I get the action, which should be any day now I'll put it up for sale and buy your action. Man I'm excited now. Thanks again. I can't wait to get this build going. I'll email you when I get the action to double check my parts list as I have all along.

Thanks again Kirby,

Boman aka Michael Montoya