Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Quick questions on my rifle??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

Quick questions on my rifle??

I just got my rifle back from my gunsmith and he had installed a DE Muzzle Brake on it. Well he had to sand blast the muzzle brake to get it to make my stainless barrel. Well when I got it from him and was looking at it the bolt seemed like it had grit in it and sounded rough cycling the bolt. So i cleaned the red grease that was on the bolt off and cleaned the barrel and the bolt grooves, and it still sound rough when cycling it. My question is what could a guy use to clean that sand blasting media out of my gun?? Oh and another thing am I going to have to remake all the bullets I had made before I gave him the gun to work on it?? Because I had them fireformed to my chamber and I guess you have to take the barrel off, so I guess its changed now?? Any helpful hints or words of advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Jake
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Gold Member

Re: Quick questions on my rifle??

I would certainly take it back and have it cleaned/fixed.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: Quick questions on my rifle??

Well I called the man back and explained to him what was up with it and he said that he would take care of it for me. So hopefully he'll get it right this time, other then that I'm gonna be taking more stuff to him in the future. Unless my shooting buddy gets through gunsmith school before I need another rifle.