Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Question for Fiftydriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Question for Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver
After having worked with the Lawton actions for a while do you still think they are as good as any custom action for the money?
Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Question for Fiftydriver

The M7500 BR single shot is as good as any other single shot out there including the Nesika Bay M receiver and for about 1/2 the money.

THe M7000 is not built as tight but for a big game hunting rifle it is a great platform to start with and easily ready to build with right out of the box, at leat the three I have in shop have been and I have four more on order as we speak.

The 7500 is a specialized receiver made for extreme precision and its a worldclass receiver in my opinion. The big M8000 receiver is a great choice for a heavy rifle where you want to use large diameter heavy barrels with the ability to shoot Very large rounds.

SO to answer your question, my opinion is just as high of them now as it was before if not more so.

I will be using ALOT of these receivers in the future.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com