Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

question about finding the time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Silver Member
Re: question about finding the time?

Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Raised your 2 boys yourself. Not easy...your to be commended. My son has custody of both of his children.
No... but if I could have I would have raised the two girls too. I did what I could. My hat's off to your son. He's obviously a good man.

To be fair- single mom's, if they do it right, have it rough too.

But the rewards are worth it imho
Glock Certified Armorer
GSSF Member

Unread 12-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

Your right, good point. No slight against single moms...they have it rough too.Take care.
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

I'm young compared to most in this thread, married, no kids, and both of us are gainfully employed in reasonable paying stable jobs. The thing that helps the most for me is my wife's horses. I don't think I could spend as much (time or money) on shooting no matter how hard I tried as those horses cost to feed and maintain. Both of our hope is that kids will one day want to be involved in either horses or shooting or both so the hobbies can continue. If they don't then its obvious where the priorities will be.
"My greatest fear is that after my demise my wife will sell my guns for the price I told her I paid for them"
-don't know where it came from...but true

Last edited by Forester; 12-16-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

lol! gotta love compromise
I used to re-load but now I "hand-load".
-- Well, at least I try --
Unread 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

I think everyone should have some kind of hobby. As for my wife and I we both work full time and she is very lucky to be able to take the little one with her to work . We have been married 3 years now so we are still adjusting to one another from what I here from the elders it will be that way for many years to come.

I work the first and 3rd sat. of every month, my wife and I try to keep God first in everything we do this dictates the jobs that I'm allowed to persue. We keep each other second to God and then our little one we attend church every wensday night we run the bus rought for our church as well and we visit the riders home every saturday. This saturday we will be giving gifts to all of the children that ride the bus. Every house that we will stop at we will give our child a small gift that way she want feel left out, you should see the homes and the clothes that these kids wear not being rude by saying that but it will break your heart. we attend sunday school services and sunday evening services . Church takes up alot of our time so the hunting and shooting has been limited but I'm thankful to get to do it when I can .
I don't know much but I do know that if you keep God first everything else will fall into place
Proverbs 22 verse 6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. KJV

Last edited by bigbuck; 12-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Unread 12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

bigbuck +1 you got your priorities in the right place.
Unread 12-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Father of 4, youngest is now 19.

We had 3 athletes, and a drill team/dancer. The Drill teamer won 3 national championships with her High School team, 2 of which we traveled to California to witness. The 3rd was in conflict with a previously scheduled obligation. However, we never missed any other High School game or competition/performance of any of the kids UNLESS another one was also performing/playing elsewhere. 2 High School basketball State tournaments, 3 High School football playoffs.

In the 11 years from the oldest entering junior high to the youngest graduating high school we attended approximately 120 football games, 325 basketball games, 220 Soccer games, and 80 Drill team performances or competitions. All told, from the time the kids started in dance and sports to the time they graduated high school we attended more than 1000 games or performances.

We also attended spelling bees, geography bees, and science day competitions.

We attended all home games, all away games. (Some of our kids friends called us the Brady Bunch, because we were always together.)

Family IS FIRST, all the rest can wait. If we don't raise our kids properly, we will be a very sad country.

Better said:

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

I shoot now because I can afford it and the time it requires. I still have to be careful to make sure it doesn't intrude upon the time I should and need to spend with my wonderful wife. I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes obsess over hobbies, which is when my dear wife has to pull me down to ground and remind me what is really important.

Now we have 2 grandkids and another on the way, and the cycle starts again!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson