close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Quest for g7 ballistics programs (can we please make a list)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Quest for g7 ballistics programs (can we please make a list)

I suggest you watch it at Photobucket so you get full screen, at least my Firefox doesn't expand embedded video to full screen for some reason...

( select the ^ symbol in the lower right corner, then select "View on site" )

The pre-release version only supports SI / metric units but true release will support MOA/Imperial units. There's also the option of displaying total number of scope clicks, but by default the software displays milliradian values. I'm also considering adding a "corrected range" elevation output for BDC users.

Demo.flv video by ruistola - Photobucket
    Unread 12-01-2009, 05:35 AM

JRu

where can I find this software?

Thanks!

Unread 12-01-2009, 06:56 AM
    Bronze Member

It's not released yet as we lack a distributor. Unless something else comes up, we'll be having some meetings at IWA in March 2010. If that comes up empty, we'll have to look at digital over-the-air distribution of cell phone software but I'm not really excited about that choice.

My plan B is to just freeware the whole thing if all else fails, there's still too much work invested to see it just gathering dust. But don't hold your breath about that one, I'm still hoping someone would pick up the IPR and create a business around it -- the technology is solid. I have a day job so I'd just prefer to fire-and-forget it and maybe earn a dollar or two in the process.

I just want to see it out there in use -- be it LR hunters, or western military forces. Actually an older version of this software is actually being prototyped by volunteering individuals in Afghanistan.
    Unread 02-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsl135 View Post
    Great Idea Mike.

I'll add the one's I know of. As others post new ones below, I'll update this list so that they're all compiled in one place.

JBM (free; online)
    RSI ($99.95; PC)
    Point Mass Ballistics ($39.95; PC) this is the one that comes with my book
    Al Bal (free; PC) Download-able from JBM site
    BulletFlight (~$12; iPhone app)
    Ballistic ($10; iPhone app)
    LoadBase 3 ($148.50; PC and PPC)

I've been talking to Gerald Perry about adding G7 capability to Exbal. I don't know if he'll do it, he was talking about another program that he's working on that will have G7 though. I'm sure the more pressure he gets from customers the more likely he would be to consider adding G7 to Exbal.

-Bryan
    hi there Bryan , unless i am missing some thing using your program from your book i cant seem to print drop tables and charts . is the program with your book just a thinned version of the actuall software please

thanks Bryan mark
    Unread 02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
    Official LRH Sponsor

Mark,

When I wrote that program, I didn't know how to make a print function. I've since figured it out and created a similar program for Berger, which is free for download here:
    Berger Bullets - Ballistics Program

You can create a printable text output using the print menu in the upper left corner.

Take care,
    -Bryan
    Unread 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
    Mark,

When I wrote that program, I didn't know how to make a print function. I've since figured it out and created a similar program for Berger, which is free for download here:
    Berger Bullets - Ballistics Program

You can create a printable text output using the print menu in the upper left corner.

Take care,
    -Bryan
    thanks bryan
    Unread 02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
    Silver Member

Quote:
    Great Idea Mike.

I'll add the one's I know of. As others post new ones below, I'll update this list so that they're all compiled in one place.

JBM (free; online)
    RSI ($99.95; PC)
    Point Mass Ballistics ($39.95; PC) this is the one that comes with my book
    Al Bal (free; PC) Download-able from JBM site
    BulletFlight (~$12; iPhone app)
    Ballistic ($10; iPhone app)
    LoadBase 3 ($148.50; PC and PPC)

I've been talking to Gerald Perry about adding G7 capability to Exbal. I don't know if he'll do it, he was talking about another program that he's working on that will have G7 though. I'm sure the more pressure he gets from customers the more likely he would be to consider adding G7 to Exbal.

-Bryan
    To this list add QuickTarget Unlimited which is one of two exterior ballistics programs that comes with QuickLoad.

Fitch