Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Possible New Bullet Venture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Silver Member

Re: Possible New Bullet Venture

I am impressed that the BATF encouraged your work - nice.

You can fight the city hall people, but it might not be worth your time. Eventually, your equipment is going to draw more electrical power than most homes can supply, and to expand production, you will need to hire people. All mfg processes are noisy and / or make odors, so eventually the neighbors won't be that happy, even if they don't say anything.

At some point, you will outgrow your garage, and then have to shut down to move, stopping production just when success is at hand.

At the risk of sounding a bit odd, there is a web site called "kick starter", which allows people to come up with projects / product ideas that are larger than their own funding capacity. You write up a plan (does not have to be perfect or completely detailed) and how much money you need to move forward with it.

Some people offer a discount on early product purchases, or some "free samples" for people that make early contributions.

You will be completely surprised by how many people will contribute just because they are curious if it can work out. For example, my wife randomly came across a board game that looked interested and bought a "pre-sale" of it. She is super conservative, so it kind of shocked me (I don't mind, she can / does what she wants) but it just shows the appeal.

Consider to do a kick starter project for it, plan buying a small building with it to avoid large rent increases in the future. Make sure it has good heat, air conditioning, and exhaust to protect your health.

Just an idea.