Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Point Mass Ballistics Solver in Pocket PC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:55 AM

Point Mass Ballistics Solver in Pocket PC?

Hello everybody, last month I bought the book "applied ballistics for long range shooting" and I am very satisfied with it, but what I would like to know if there is some way to run the ballistic software that it is included in the book in my pocket pc, whose OS is windows mobile 2003. It would be fantastic to have this software included in my PDA instead of carrying my heavy laptop with me. The ballistic software is a .jar file and I donīt know if I need another program to run it under windows mobile 2003.

Thank you very much!!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Point Mass Ballistics Solver in Pocket PC?

You could PM Bryan. He'll tell you if it can be done or not.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Point Mass Ballistics Solver in Pocket PC?

I haven't figured out how to compile the .jar to run on Windows Mobile. It's 'supposed' to be possible with the Java programming language, but my kung-fu isn't strong enough to pull it off just yet.

There are other programs surfacing that will run on WM. Loadbase is one, and I know of at least one other in development; both can use G7 BC's.

Take care,
-Bryan

Author of: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
And: Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting