Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

perrrfect shootin weather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Silver Member

perrrfect shootin weather

man its been nice here,starting to get hot (102)but barometric pressure 29.90 has been great!i get to go shoot saterday if the wife feels up to it.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Re: perrrfect shootin weather

I may head East toward Brothers to shoot on Saturday, if you drive West far enough I might see you

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

i wish i could go that far saterday but im still in a cast and have been for a year but i still get out.i just might tune up the mosin this winter.if my ankle heals up by october ill be down there for sure.this area up here is just dangerous anymore during hunting.besides if the illegals havent poached all the local deer by then there might be something left.do you ever hunt down around the pueblo mnts?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.T. View Post
i wish i could go that far saterday but im still in a cast and have been for a year but i still get out.i just might tune up the mosin this winter.if my ankle heals up by october ill be down there for sure.this area up here is just dangerous anymore during hunting.besides if the illegals havent poached all the local deer by then there might be something left.do you ever hunt down around the pueblo mnts?
Nope. Im usually around Buelah or Sumpter units for deer, and Desolation, Sumpter, Minam, or White River for Elk, and Pine Cr, Keating, Catherine Cr, and Snake River for bear and Turkey. Someday Ill draw a speed goat tag for Hart Mt.

What did you do to your leg to get yourself in a cast for a year? Thats gotta be tough for huntin season. But at least your gettin your long range gear ready. That'll probably help stack the odds back in your favor.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

why dont you just get a goat tag for around drewsey area?theres quite a few around there on the flats and around coyote flats over on 395.hart mt wood be great
Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Silver Member

Hey winmag your pic looks like the Snake, am I right?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booney View Post
Hey winmag your pic looks like the Snake, am I right?
Dead Nuts Right! If you go over the top the way Im headed in the pic (East), youll get to Spring Cr canyon. Wich leads right into the Snake River. If you go toward where the trees sre in the pic (west- away from the Snake) youll eventually reach the Imnaha hwy. If you go West and south, youll eventually run into the Hess road. In the pic. Im in the main Canyon that goes between the River and the Imnaha hwy. (McGraw If I remember right). I dont mind advertising the exact spot I go bear hunting, cause it all looks like that, and usually nobody is in good enough shape to get there. Ive gotta choose my hunting buddy's wisely. Cant have any quitters! And people wonder why I pack Model-70 feather wt. 270WSM. Hmmmm, go figure........Do you play there too?