Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

"Painkiller" muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Yup, it's big but we knew that going in and I wanted to try it so "here it comes".

Kirby went the extra mile, like he has many times, and because of thread designs etc. with both brakes, he came up with a great solution that will allow me to switch brakes. I'll be testing the gun without a brake and with the two brakes pictured so it'll be interesting.;)

This gun is not really an offhand gun;) and is a dedicated long range rig that spends most of it's time either on a portable bench or down in the dirt.

Heck, if I end up thinking it's too big/long, I can just get the 'ol hacksaw out and chop some off. And, that'll probably drop the weight a pound or so.
ss7mm

Just interested to know what the muzzle diameter on your AM and barrel contour are ?. I will be very interested to hear how it performs against your current version.

Cheers

DUH