Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

pac nor barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Silver Member

pac nor barrels

Hi,
Newbie here, and was wanting to know if anyone here has had Pac-nor rebarrel a rifle, and if so, what was the impression.
thank you
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-16-2004, 05:38 AM
Bronze Member

Re: pac nor barrels

I had pac-nor rebarrel a rem 700 for me in 300 weatherby with no freebore. They installed a stainless steel supermatch 3-groove barrel. The gun shoots extremely well. I have shot many 1/2 inch groups with a few going close to 1/4inch. They are very reasonable with there prices and turn around time is good. I would use them again.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Bronze Member

I've had several PacNor barrels. I like them a lot. You get a hell of a barrel for a P.O.S. barrel price. $220 for for their best grade stainless in any of their standard contours. For me it doesn't make any sense to buy anything else.

Plus, their shop is about 3 hours away and I run into them at the local gun stores occasionally. Really nice folks, always willing to BS 'bout guns, swap ideas about projects, help sort out problems.

They will continue to get my business.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

I don't own a Pac-Nor and I have not shot one either but I did some research on a premium BBL for a .280 ackley improved rifle that I will build some day. So many owners of guns in this chambering have pac-nor bbls (and love them) that I will be putting one on my custom project. I have heard nothing but good things about the company and their products.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

Pac-Nor barrels are really good!!I have a friend with 80+ and the ones he has got around to shooting are very accurate.The few I have shoot really good.Reccomend this maker to anyone looking for outstanding accuracy at a reasonable price.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Silver Member

I have one chambered in 6.5-284, and the thing shoots like crazy, and if i could ever get my head outa my @$$, im very sure this gun could break some 1000yd records, the only problem ive had with the barrel, is when i first got it it coppered really bad, after some jb, it hasnt coppered in the last 200+ rounds, im going with another pac-nor for my next rifle project [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Silver Member

I've used a few of their barrels and like them. I also like the fact that they deliver when they say they will.