Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Which Outdoor Channels do you watch???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Silver Member

Which Outdoor Channels do you watch???

Gentlemen,

I was wondering if you guys might be able to shed a little light on a few looming Questions I have???

First, which channel of the 3 outdoor channels do watch the most, Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, Pursuit Channel?

Second, is the channel you watch most because it is all your cable/satellite provider offer?

Third, do you subscribe to the sports channel package?

I know this is possibly not the best place to put this thread, but it is 1 of 2 places where the bulk of the people are. We would like to think that we are on a network that services the greatest majority of our viewers? This may help us to figure that out? Your input would be greatly appreciated guys, Thank you...
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

Re: Which Outdoor Channels do you watch???

Growing up my parents had the sportsmans package and it made watching all the shows pretty easy. My biggest complaint about all the channels is how many crappy whitetail and turkey hunts they show. I realize it would be hard to fill up all the time slots with great shows, but I feel there are truly one 3 or 4 that are currently watching and they're not worth paying for. Right now I choose not to pay for TV but I love watching shows that are available a week or two later on Vimeo like Long Range Pursuit.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Silver Member

I get all three and watch them. The Sportman Channel is the one I watch the most with the Outdoor Channel second. Seeing the Pursuit channel is not right next to the other two in channel line up, I watch it the least. Plus, a lot of the shows on the Pursuit channel seem to be cheesy. Not produced as good as the Sportsman Channel.

Jason
Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member

I have direct tv.

604 - pursuit channel
605 - sportsman channel
606 - outdoor channel

I prefer the sportsman channel, however, recently added the outdoor channel for 3.50$ extra a month. Gives me more variety and always a hunting/shooting show on one of three channels.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member

None, I got rid of cable a long time ago. If it's on netflix or amazon video I'll watch individual shows.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Gold Member

Cable, satellite and television?......... They still make that stuff? Long gone in my world.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Silver Member

Unfortunately, my cable system doesn't have any of the three outdoors stations you have listed. I'm stuck with whatever outdoor shows Fox sportsnet or NBC sports channel decide to broadcast.(Babe Winkelman,Notrh American Hunter,and World Wild Adventures)