Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

OPS Inc. Muzzle Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Silver Member

OPS Inc. Muzzle Brakes

Can anyone tell me about these brakes and how they stack against the competition? Just so you know, I have one now on my .338 and like it. I bought it from Phil (the owner of OPS Inc.) at a Varmint Hunter's Jamboree in 1998. It also looks cool. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It's the only one I've tried though so I have nothing to base my judgement on. I have a couple of varmint rifles and a Toamhawk coming that I need brakes for, and was going to go with these again but figured I'd look into other options. If I could find one that followed the barrel contour that would be cool, but I haven't been able to find one that does, yet has no holes on the bottom and doesn't kill the spotter or other people on the line. My OPS inc. Brake doesn't seem to bother people at the range either, as long as they are behind the muzzle. The sound goes straight out at 90 degrees. I've seen the Hollands, which look ... similar... Ideas?