Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

NoslerAccubond LR 210 gr .308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member

Re: NoslerAccubond LR 210 gr .308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I didn't do extensive testing but .308 to .312 would be a good staring point for a G7 on the 210 Nossler LR Accubond.

I suggest shooting some 1000 or 1200 yard groups first to see what you think.

Jeff
Thanks, I just picked up about 70 of the 210 LRAB's and found that they are exceptionally accurate in my rifle using the exact same load that I use with the 210 Bergers. One ragged 5 shot hole at 300 yards. Velocity is identical and POI is 1MOA higher, windage identical. Im anxiouse to see how they do at long range. Now the big challenge is trying to find some more. I have had little success finding them.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Thanks, I just picked up about 70 of the 210 LRAB's and found that they are exceptionally accurate in my rifle using the exact same load that I use with the 210 Bergers. One ragged 5 shot hole at 300 yards. Velocity is identical and POI is 1MOA higher, windage identical. Im anxiouse to see how they do at long range. Now the big challenge is trying to find some more. I have had little success finding them.
I will assume your zero will be higher and that is why they are higher at 300. It could be a velocity increase from more pressure. But probably just a point of impact change.

Yes, take them to 1200 and see what you got. I hope they hold to your standards there. These longer distances are the best place to check that BC too. But you will need to confirm an accurate MV and zero first.

Jeff
Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwey1 View Post
Sean1, the inaccuracy that I spoke of was the bullets advertised B.C. numbers. After a lot of testing , we found the B.C. of the 140 grain to be closer to .400 rather than the .496 that was advertised.
After some load development to suit the particular rifle, this bullet shot well, I was just unhappy to find such an inaccurate advertisement.
My bad. I misread your post. I can honestly say I could be of no help here. Good luck
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Please let us know your results. I recently picked a couple hundred 7mm 175s to see what they'll do in my 7RM. The general consensus is that the loads are similar if not exactly the same as the corresponding Berger loads.