Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Nosler long range accubond bullet reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member

Nosler long range accubond bullet reviews

Well I just ordered a few boxes of 150 gr for my 280ai and once I get them and do some load testing I will post reviews.
It might take me longer to get these as I live in northern British Columbia so if you get bullets and some testing done post it here.
Can't wait I hope these live up to noslers claims
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Nosler long range accubond bullet reviews

Who has them in stock?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Bronze Member

No one that I know of has them yet I just did a prebuy with a store up here that gives great deals on prebuys so hopefully ill have them buy spring (April-may)
Just thought that guys in the lower 48 will get their hands on them before I do
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

Stopped by the Nosler mgf/Nosler Pro Shooters Shop today, & asked.
Answer;
"Probably start production in May or June" "They (ballisticians techs etc) are still finishing up testing right now".

Personally I'm suspicious of the predicted super high BC's. I'd imagine they may be a bit inflated, but I'd Love to be proved wrong!
However it turns out, im a Nosler freak, & I'm happy with the current Accubond. A new, & improved Accubond, with a higher BC, & lower 1300fps expansion window should only improve my bullet of choice.

I'm excited to try em out!

On another note, if I may rant a bit;
IF the predicted BC's wind up being pretty close, we won't have every 3rd thread on LRH be started by a Berger Lover, OR a Berger Hater trying to stir the pot!
They can pick one or the other, for eithers stronger traits, & be happy with what they've got or switch!
Damn I'm sick of "yeah Berger", & "Bergers suck" threads, & debates. It's always the same folks either praising or hating them in every thread started. I personally got so damn sick of the bickering that I quit even reading them.

I do think the folks at Berger deserve a big pat on the back for being honest, & enguaging in discussions about their product. I personally don't shoot Bergers, but I sure do admire their honesty, & commitment to their product, & customers. I've Never seen any other company show that level of dedication to product or customer.

Hopefully the new Noslers will be what they're cracked up to be. Some competition in the DEDICATED L/R/H game is what we need so people have another viable option, & less reason to bitch.

So, to wrap up my rant, Come May, or June, I hope everyone can just pick one, & like it for its strong traits, or pick the other for its strong traits, & be happy with what they've got.

Sorry bout the Rant op, & b-n-g. Not directed at either of you

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Hahaha I agree with your rant I have some berger hunting vld to try also so we will see which one will work the best hopefully I get good results from both so I have options
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

I really love the accubond in the 25cal 110g. I have shot them out to 600yds in a 257wbyaccumark with great results. i sot a 6.155 inch group with nothing done to the gun. i was loading them with hodgen 4831sc with 65.5 graines of powder and the over all was 3.2425 it might not be 6.5x284 accurate but for huntingi was pleased. and i shot 2 eights this year with excellent results. one dead in its tracks and the other one 50yds. But i am wanting a 6.5x284 just for the fun of it. thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Stopped by the Nosler mgf/Nosler Pro Shooters Shop today, & asked.
Answer;
"Probably start production in May or June" "They (ballisticians techs etc) are still finishing up testing right now".

Personally I'm suspicious of the predicted super high BC's. I'd imagine they may be a bit inflated, but I'd Love to be proved wrong!
It seems the estimated production date is being pushed further forward, which seems to be fairly common with many production/availability estimates, no matter the company. Last I'd been reading the projections were March/April. Beginning to doubt they'll even be available in time to prepare for August sheep/caribou hunting seasons.