Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Nosler To Introduce 6.5mm HotRod !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

Nosler To Introduce 6.5mm HotRod !!

The 26 Nosler

Just as the debate on which 6.5cal is the baddest, Nosler introduces the 26 Nosler. Fitting in the '06 length action, the 26 Nosler is reported to spit the 129grn Long Range Accu-bombs @ 3400Fps.

Not to shabby.....

t

Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nosler To Introduce 6.5mm HotRod !!

I just saw this article on facebook and if it will do what they say it will, that will be a very impressive rifle. hopefully more info will be available very soon
Old 11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member

That's where I found it too. I'm wondering if it isn't based on the 375 Ruger case...

we'll see.

t

Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Silver Member

It does sound interesting. This is the 3rd thread about it in the last few days. Definitely got a bit of interest. Bruce
Old 11-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
That's where I found it too. I'm wondering if it isn't based on the 375 Ruger case...

we'll see.

t
That was my first thought, 375 ruger necked down.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Silver Member

The real question is how many rifle companies are going to get on board and support this cartridge? Without mainstream support it will die out like so many others have. But it sounds very interesting and I'd like to own one
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member

Interesting question. Think of Lazzeroni or Dakota. If you source your own brass & build your own rifles, it's not nearly as big a deal to support a proprietary cartridge.

Nosler is probably bigger than both, revenue wise, they should do well with it. The one caveat I see is farmer Fudd picking up a 26 Nosler, heading to the prarie dog town with it & torching a barrel in one afternoon. There WILL be complaining about the cartridges bore life going on.

The more educated bipeds (us) know how to utilize such a cartridge & I expect to see a fair amount of praise (as long as it's performance goals are actually met) from our crowd.

t