Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Nosler Accubond Long Range Pricing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

Re: Nosler Accubond Long Range Pricing

Varminator 911

I agree with your WAG.

JD338
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

I'll bet it has a hybrid ogive too.......Rich
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
I'll bet it has a hybrid ogive too.......Rich
That would be nice. I'm looking at the 175 grain for my 284 win build, we'll see how she shoots with the 168 grain Barnes LRX first though.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
That would be nice. I'm looking at the 175 grain for my 284 win build, we'll see how she shoots with the 168 grain Barnes LRX first though.
The reason I say that is because they advertise the seating depth is not as critical as normal vld's. ......Rich
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
The reason I say that is because they advertise the seating depth is not as critical as normal vld's. ......Rich
Rich this is what I was thinking too. But the Nosler people have not confirmed this yet, also I think that Berger tried to make a bonded vld before but not sure. If they are hybrid bonded tipped bullets they would be interesting to see how they perform on game at long range. Also I wonder what the lowest expansion velocity is? Only time will tell, I sure hope it doesn't take as long as the 6mm accubond took to come out. I hope Nosler will make an effort to cater to the lRH crowd and make heavy cal. Bullets in the Lr accubond for everyone with a fast twist barrel. Let's see what Nosler says about them when they release um to the public, hopefully it's not as bad as Barnes LRX didn't really make as big a splash as they planned.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Silver Member

I think Barnes screwed up with the 6.5mm, they should have come up with at least a 140 gr LRX... just as Nosler should with the ALR ! actually Nosler needs to come up with a 150 or even 160 gr ALR to really cater to the LRH folks, even Norma has realized the need for a heavy 6.5mm for LR, they have redesigned their awesome bonded 156 gr. Oryx with a boat tail shape improving the BC values on the bullet, I just hope they have also improved the front of the bullet as well, no clue as to when that bullet will be available to reloaders.

All the same I really like the sounds of the .30 cal ALR's, hopefully the BC's prove to be somewhat close to the advertised #'s, a 210 gr ALR starting out at 3250 fps with those bc's will stay on step with the big 338's out to 1200 yards easily...

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhunter805 View Post
Rich this is what I was thinking too. But the Nosler people have not confirmed this yet, also I think that Berger tried to make a bonded vld before but not sure. If they are hybrid bonded tipped bullets they would be interesting to see how they perform on game at long range. Also I wonder what the lowest expansion velocity is? Only time will tell, I sure hope it doesn't take as long as the 6mm accubond took to come out. I hope Nosler will make an effort to cater to the lRH crowd and make heavy cal. Bullets in the Lr accubond for everyone with a fast twist barrel. Let's see what Nosler says about them when they release um to the public, hopefully it's not as bad as Barnes LRX didn't really make as big a splash as they planned.
I heard they were to start production in June 2013? I'm pretty sure they have gone to a hybrid to get that kind of b.c. If the nose is thin enough, they might expand down to 1300' (mine will)
I too wish they would have come out with something heavier in the 6.5.......Rich