Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

nosler .270 lrab problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Bronze Member

nosler .270 lrab problems

I've recently started working up loads for this bullet in a .270 wsm t3 in a McMillan stock. Having trouble with it, tends to group two shots together then third one up to 2 inches away. Any suggestions? Also sometimes my seating die (hornady) crushes a ring towards the end of the projectile has anyone else experienced this? Not very impressed with the overall finish to be honest. Hopefully I can work a load out.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: nosler .270 lrab problems

There are a few things that could be causing that. You could take the most accurate load and play with the seating depth to see if it tightens the group up any. You could also have a part of the stock touching on the barrel. There are many variables that could be affecting your rifle.

Start with the seating depth and see if that helps. If not, then just start changing things. Change powder, Take a look at your stock, change the scope out.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: nosler .270 lrab problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfni View Post
I've recently started working up loads for this bullet in a .270 wsm t3 in a McMillan stock. Having trouble with it, tends to group two shots together then third one up to 2 inches away. Any suggestions? Also sometimes my seating die (hornady) crushes a ring towards the end of the projectile has anyone else experienced this? Not very impressed with the overall finish to be honest. Hopefully I can work a load out.
Yeah, been having quite the discussion bout that here lately, you can start here

Nosler Accubond Long Range problem

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history