Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

NIghtforce Ballistic software..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

NIghtforce Ballistic software..

Is the Nightforce software the same as Exbal?
I don't have any ballistic software yet and I want to buy the right / best software available. I want something that will work on my laptop and / or pocket PC/PDA. What do you guys recommend?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Gold Member

Re: NIghtforce Ballistic software..

Yes the Nightforce program is Exball. You will need 2 versians one for PC's and one for PDA's they sell the 2 as a package deel for a discount together

Cheers Bill
Australia
Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

I dont yet have a pocket PC version available, but for a desktop version you will have a hard time beating The Reloader's Archive program. The link below will take you to my site. The trial that you can download has some errors in it that cause it to shut down every 5-20 minutes. I am in the proccess of re-programming the trial so it wont do that anymore. I send current users a patch that fixes the registered version.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Bronze Member

So can anyone here tell me who has the best deal on the "combo" software package?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

If you shoot me your email address, I will send you a simple to use calculator in the Excel format that can be used on a pocket PC with Excel. If this will fit your needs for a portable calculator, then you can have it.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM

Yes, it is. Nightforce bought the rights from Perry Systems some years ago, and has been marketing the program ever since. I have used it for years, and it works very well.

Last edited by desertflier; 04-16-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
JEREMY logan

Dennis, you might want to take a look at michael eichele's ballistic software . He sent it to me the other day and it looks awesome not to mention it's free..... I'm going to try to figure out how to transfer it to my hand held today . I do good just turning the computer on LOL