Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Newbie AR-15 user stock question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Silver Member

Newbie AR-15 user stock question

First before I ask this question let me say my new AR-15 is going to be used for varmint/deer/wild pig and not for CQC or LE.

I have the standard A2 stock on my new Left-handed DPMS 20" Bull Panther AR-15. This is my first AR-15 and I've been to the range one time so far. Does anyone make a longer length of pull AR-15 stock that will give me a standard length of pull that I'm used to on my bolt action rifles?

I have my new IOR scope as far forward as it can go and I'm still having to pull my head back on the stock so I can see through the scope clearly.

My next move is to put both sets of rings on the rear tube of scope so I can move it about another inch or so forward. Having a standard size stock would really help.

Any suggestions??

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Newbie AR-15 user stock question

hello.there is a few things you can do. first there is a piece that goes between the reciever and the butt stock its about an inch long. they were made to bring A1 stocks to the length of an A2. it comes with a longer stock bolt.there is also an extention piece that goes under the but plate these come in 2 sizes 1 inch and half inch,if thats not enough the other thing is you can get an extended scope base.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Gold Member

Re: Newbie AR-15 user stock question

Jeff, this may help you. You can run a collapsable stock on that rig now, if you want.

Magpul has a great offering that will allow you to set your LOP as you wish. Magpul makes a high quality stuff.

Magpul Industries

Hope this helps!.sakofan..May get one for my Bushmaster. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]