Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New toys from ALLEN PRECISION....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: New toys from ALLEN PRECISION....

Fifty, thought it was a typo, just wanted to make sure. No problem. Going out all weekend with the 338 AM to get everything dialed in, I'll report back. Steels all painted up, can't wait!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Bronze Member

I hope this is not a dumb question but...is this something that can be done to any caliber? Ex: If I were to send you my current 7mm RUM could the chamber be modified for the same or similar effect? Would it require new dies and fire forming brass? Or is this something that doesnt effect the shape of the case at all? Sorry for all the questions, I am just very intrigued.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have the 7mm throating reamer but at this time, I need more testing before offering it to the public. If it works, I will get these reamers in all the more popular calibers.

It will not effect what dies you use or fireforming brass in any way, its a dimensional change in the throat design is all, not the chamber design.

My real concern at this point is how long the throat design will last with accurate performance. I have to get that determined before I will offer it as a custom option for my customers.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 AM
SPONSOR

If it retains a decent throat life this would also be great for specialty pistol users
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

It will be great for any firearm application. The lower the intensity of the chambering the longer the barrel life and the benefits should be just as good as with the upper end performing rounds.

Could be big, more testing to come.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com