Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

New stock effect accuracy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 AM
Silver Member

New stock effect accuracy?

I am thinking of getting a new stock for my rifle, it has a free floating barrel and is very accurate, the question is, will changing the stock effect accuracy of the rifle?
Current stock is walnut and wish to replace with tactical synthetic stock.

TIA

skip [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New stock effect accuracy?

might make it better,might make it worse.with a quality bedding job,it's doughtful you will loose and more than likely you will gain accuracy.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Gold Member

Hey skip,
Maybe you could give your old stock to your cricket team to use as a bat, it might help your batsman score some runs! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Silver Member

I hate to say this but Centre Punch, that was funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]LOL
Back to the topic what do you think?

Thanks

skip
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Gold Member

You'r right,
I have my Rem 700 243 AI Marinetex bedded in a HS precision tactical stock, although i have not shot it yet i have great expectations. All my other rifles were bolted into HS stocks and although i did not notice an increase in actual accuracy, the change in shot to shot consistancy was a vast improvement.
My buddy shoots a 26-06 senderro bedded into a factory supplied HS stock with top notch accuracy and consistancy, so if done properly i do not see why your upgrade should not be 100% successful.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"