Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

*new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #36  
Old 08-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 203
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Got a few of the Chronographs left they won't be around long don't wait! Remember to enter LRH at checkout for your 5% discount!
Call with any questions 303.284.3828
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 876
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldon View Post
Got out to the range to take the Magneto for its first test drive.

All I can say is that I flat out enjoy using it.

It did not seem to change POI so for me. I was shooting my 223 Remington with heavy barrel with known worked up load.

Chrony was accurate to data I had previously and groups remained same MOA.

I really like that I can set it up at the bench without impacting the other shooters.

And the backlit screen is very nice.

And using the SDMicro card to save the archived data and load to my laptop is a great feature.

The data allows me to save in excel file for record keeping.

I am very happy with this but it was only one trip to the range.

If it remains robust over time, it will be money well spent.
I know these change the POI but does it change the grouping size if you are trying to get an accurate consistent load?
__________________
Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW MT in a remote quiet area
Posts: 239
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Ive had no problems with groups from a couple 220 Swifts, 223 AR, a 22-250, 243, 6.5x284, 308AR, 300 Wby, 7STW, and 338 Allen Mag. Its very easy to set up even on the huge break on the Allen Mag. Id buy another in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,436
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
I know these change the POI but does it change the grouping size if you are trying to get an accurate consistent load?
It depends on the specific rifle. I have had it change group size on one of my rifles. The devise can effect the harmonics of the barrel just as a portion of the stock touching the barrel, or a rubber barrel donut made by Limbsaver can. Each rifle has to be tested to determine if POI or group size is effected. I have not let this effect my switch to using the MS. I'm still way ahead of the game with time savings, accurate velocity readings, and ammo cost. iMO.
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It depends on the specific rifle. I have had it change group size on one of my rifles. The devise can effect the harmonics of the barrel just as a portion of the stock touching the barrel, or a rubber barrel donut made by Limbsaver can. Each rifle has to be tested to determine if POI or group size is effected. I have not let this effect my switch to using the MS. I'm still way ahead of the game with time savings, accurate velocity readings, and ammo cost. iMO.
+1
The MS can change the POI depending on the rifle. The interesting thing about that is that the groups are repeatable- so no scatter effect- harmonic distortion is constant. I zero the rifle w/out the MS- shoot w/ the MS for data and confirm zero w/out when I'm done. I haven't used it yet on OCW tests yet but will shortly. It's a fantastic system.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 203
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

More MagnetoSpeed V2 Chronopraghs have just arrived in our store! Hurry they never last long. Sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Type in LRH at checkout to recieve a 5% discount!

Call with any questions 303.284.3828
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 876
Re: *new* magnetospeed v2 chronographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ShotGear View Post
More MagnetoSpeed V2 Chronopraghs have just arrived in our store! Hurry they never last long. Sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Type in LRH at checkout to recieve a 5% discount!

Call with any questions 303.284.3828
I ordered mine last night.

I can't wait to get it and try it out!!!
__________________
Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC