Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I've found

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Silver Member
Re: New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

So - has your smith determined what "gun juice" does for accuracy. Are any of the benchrest people using this stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

My smith thought me a lot but I learnt more when I called Microlon about it. They were very nice and helpful.Download their pdf it will explain a lot. Anyways here goes. Very important to shake the bottle before using it. Wet a patch and scrub it through about 4 times to foam it, then shoot. Repeat this 20 times, then use a dry patch to clean it out.When firing the rifle it opens the barrels pores and the juice sinks in and after the procedure it leaves a dry film lubricant that will not attract dirt, dust or grit . This way it's as one would say more slippery like teflon, so you get more velocity and accuracy since their is less resistance. Now because the pores are sealed you don't have to clean it as often because all the crap can't hang to anything. They told me I could clean it about every 500 shots, but I could use one wet patch after the rang if I was a maniac, but not necessary,So with all this your barrel will last a lot longer, less cleaning, faster, and more precise. Do not use a brush.
Well hope this helps. Me I'm believer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Oh don't order the 1 oz bottle. Order the 4 oz one.

As for the benchrest people I don't know, but it should definetly be an advantage.
Live Long & Prosper
To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

Unread 12-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Gold Member
Re: New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

I find that it is important to keep the gun level so both top and bottom of the barrel get clean. Also, the accelorator is important. I use a mop to apply a nice coat of it and then shoot the wipeout in. I do notice that its get stick after 24 hours so I don't wait much longer.

I do not use anything else. I do put a very light oil on the OUTSIDE of my barrel to shine it up. But, on the inside, only wipeout. I was nervous last year about not oiling and relying on wipeout's rust inhibitors, but there were no problems so now I have total confidence.
Member 7MM STW Club
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Silver Member
Re: New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I've found

Wipe Out also works to remove any light surface oxidation on the outside of stainless steel barrels and seems to restore the finish to "as new" condition. The product does NOT cause rust, etc.,...or at least I have never had such an experience. Wipe it on the outside of an SS barrel and it makes it look like new. I have no idea if it affects a chrome-moly barrel in the same way.