Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I've found

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Silver Member

New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

My gunsmith recently introduced me to a new cleaning method which I ordered asap and tried as soon as it got here and WOW. I have never been able to clean my rifle this clean so fast with so little effort in 16 years. It cleans everything out from gun powder,carbon, well all metal fouling's. It's in a can like shaving cream". Shove the nozzle in one end of the barrel and shoot for one second then let go, but hold in place approximately 3 seconds untill it starts to come out the other end, then remove nozzle. It will expand and you can even leave it soak up to 36 hrs if necessary.
Once that is done I then use "Gun Juice" which cleans and treats your firearms. It is far superior to oils because it provides excellent lubrication and is a "Dry Film" lubricant that will not attract dirt, dust or grit which can permanently damage a firearm. It increases muzzle velocity, improves accuracy and consistency, reduces wear from friction and prevents rust and corrosion.
These two products are awsome. You just gotta check them out.
For more info:
WIPE-OUT BRUSHLESS BORE CLEANER
http://www.sharpshootr.com/

Gun Juice Dry Film Lubricant "Under Support you can download the instructions in pdf".
http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php
Old 12-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

WOW - Sounds like a commercial. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I use Wipe-Out periodically and am satisfied with its performance. But if you really want to see this stuff work fast - use WipeOut's "Accelerator" first. The blue slime will pour out like ink. It cuts the dwell time way down.

One thing that I noticed while using just the WipeOut foam and letting it sit overnight - it cleans the bottom half of the bore better than the top half. Obviously the stuff settles in the bore. You may want to foam a second time with the rifle inverted.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 PM
SPONSOR

I also use WO w/ Accelerator with good satisfaction.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
WOW - Sounds like a commercial. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I use Wipe-Out periodically and am satisfied with its performance. But if you really want to see this stuff work fast - use WipeOut's "Accelerator" first. The blue slime will pour out like ink. It cuts the dwell time way down.

One thing that I noticed while using just the WipeOut foam and letting it sit overnight - it cleans the bottom half of the bore better than the top half. Obviously the stuff settles in the bore. You may want to foam a second time with the rifle inverted.

[/ QUOTE ]

My gunsmith told me the same thing, so I called SharpShoot-R about this and they told me that because of it's expansion it doesn't settle to the bottom and is good to up to 36 hrs in the barrel. Anyways I did as they said and it did great. But now that it's clean and I have treated the barrel with Microlon's Gun Juice I shouldn't need anything else but the Gun Juice after. Anyways I'll find out soon enough.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member

Inuk...been using the stuff since early...

wasted a lot of foam before I started using tubing to get it where it needs to go...

www.6mmbr.com/jbwipeout.html

JB
Old 12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Bronze Member

So - has your smith determined what "gun juice" does for accuracy. Are any of the benchrest people using this stuff?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Inuk...been using the stuff since early...

wasted a lot of foam before I started using tubing to get it where it needs to go...

www.6mmbr.com/jbwipeout.html

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

If your talking about the Wipe Out I also had a lot of foam the first time. I left the tube in more that a second and it wasn't in all the way. My second try I pushed in the tube all the way from the action and counted properly one one thousand then let go, and held it in place until it started coming out the other end then pulled it out. Now it worked great. And I am still amazed at how well it cleans compared to what I had before.