Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New Cooper 6br

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
SPONSOR

Re: New Cooper 6br

Glad you like her jimm, still waiting on the damn dies so i aint got to shoot her yet. i cant see the pic you added for some reason, but it sounds nice anyway.

While i am a very functional based person i still have a love for a nice classic style gun and that is what i have found in this cooper.

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

I was going to wait untill today to comment on this beautiful rifle... but you were seeking medical treatment when I showed up...

A friend once spoke about a "breathtaking, piece of birds eye maple" that he had on a gun. Other folks I know who saw it confirmed his description... they said the first time you saw it, you could stare at it for what seemed like hours, as you allowed the light to roll across it. He carried it hunting in 9 states without ever putting a scratch on it. Im pretty sure he tucked it in every night like his other children. He loved it that much.
On a mounted elk hunt in colorado, he climbed from his horse, and somehow, had managed to leave the cover off of the gun scabbard. he said he was just getting things arranged to relieve himself, when he heard the horse winnie. Looking back, he watched as the horse, aparantly lashing out at an offending insect, dragged the bridel, and bit across the exposed butt and cheek piece no less than a half dozen times. He said he dosent think he could have done more damage if he had hung it from the ceiling and attacked it with a chainsaw. It laid on the bench in the shop for a little while, but he eventually had to get rid of it because every time he looked at it he got depressed.

Guess all im saying is take good care of it, but expect a few knicks along the way... or when the big one happens, its a little like being cheated on by your supermodel girlfriend... pretty to look at but kinda damaged goods [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Heres to hopeing she shoots as well as she looks! In the meantime, good luck on your recovery [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Gold Member

heres Jim's stock... Still needs a lot of work, but definately a LOT of potential!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
SPONSOR

Nice lookin pics Ab!!!

I am sure she will see a few nicks but i am also sure i will be more careful with it than i have been with any other gun previously. I just got the dies in today but now bow season opens on sunday so loading will be postponed a little.

I am feeling a little better today. I have been pumped full of steroids, cortizone cream, and anti histamine to such a extent that yesterday i was so pale i gave off a eerie glow!!!

For anyone else reading this who doesnt know I was putting up treestands on sunday and realized i was plowing through acres of poision ivy!!!!!!! I really dont know how i could be that stupid but the temporary brain fart has left me infected with poision ivy as bad as i have ever seen anyone have it. Face, legs, torso and especially my arms are red, bumpy and oozing and by the way ITCHING LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i think all the dope i have taken seems to be working and I can guarantee you that i will not be in that neck of the woods again.

take it easy
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member

Steve,
That is a fine rifle. I have a somewhat similar Cooper, a Phoenix, and its stock just doesn't have all the wiggly lines and shades in it - does have little sparkles tho... Good luck with the recovery.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Silver Member

That's a gorgeous looking rifle. Cooper have their roots in Clackamas Oregon, former home of great looking rifle like my 223 Kimber Model 82. I lost count of how many tears I shed on mine but each scratches was a reminder of the good times we shared together [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

Lerch,
That is the best looking Cooper I've seen in a long time. You must have some inside pull to get one like that. What did the test target look like?