Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New Book: "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New Book: "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting"

Hey Bryan,

Your book has just gone "LONG RANGE"

It arrived in my mail box down here in Australia this morning. Now that is a long shot!

Well done Mate!

The book looks great, I look forward to reading it and working out that CD that came with it.

Im sure it will be a success.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

I received Bryan's book yesterday and finished it tonight. All I can say is that if anyone ever asks me about a book on ballistics, this will be the one I recommend.

For a book that contains so much data and information, it is one of the easiest to read that I've ever owned. You can read all of it or part of it. You can get deeply involved with every segment, formula and chapter or you can read parts but be warned, if you start reading it you won't stop till you've finished it.

You'll find that you better understand a lot of things that you knew happened but never really knew the exact reason why they happened. You'll find that Bryan has the ability to make the seemingly complicated and hard to understand concepts and ballistic fundamentsl very easy to comprehend and understand. It's a library of ballistics books all wrapped up into one easy to read and understand volume.

If you think you know ballistics you will know it better after reading this book. If you think you understand ballistics, you will understand it better after reading this book. It's educational, informative, interesting, entertaining and is a gold mine of data and information.

Congratulations on a great book Bryan. It should be in everyone's library. Now.......I think I'll go sit down, prop my feet up and start reading it over again.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
I received Bryan's book yesterday and finished it tonight. All I can say is that if anyone ever asks me about a book on ballistics, this will be the one I recommend.

For a book that contains so much data and information, it is one of the easiest to read that I've ever owned. You can read all of it or part of it. You can get deeply involved with every segment, formula and chapter or you can read parts but be warned, if you start reading it you won't stop till you've finished it.

You'll find that you better understand a lot of things that you knew happened but never really knew the exact reason why they happened. You'll find that Bryan has the ability to make the seemingly complicated and hard to understand concepts and ballistic fundamentsl very easy to comprehend and understand. It's a library of ballistics books all wrapped up into one easy to read and understand volume.

If you think you know ballistics you will know it better after reading this book. If you think you understand ballistics, you will understand it better after reading this book. It's educational, informative, interesting, entertaining and is a gold mine of data and information.

Congratulations on a great book Bryan. It should be in everyone's library. Now.......I think I'll go sit down, prop my feet up and start reading it over again.

+1 Have read through it 3x and still am picking stuff up. Anyone who's serious about LRH should read this book to gain a deeper understanding of what is going on.

BTW, Bryan, are you planning on meauring the .308 200g AB? Fairly popular bullet with many guys here. Also, I'd be curious to get your take on the .338 250g AB bc numbers.

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Bronze Member

Just placed my order. Cant wait!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 PM

I have the book and it is GREAT!! If you don't have it, order it! I have a question: This and other long range shooting books say the same thing. If you're shooting long range, say 1000 yds, run the ballistics program with 100 yd zero, see what the drop is at 1000 yds and divide that by 10 ( 8 for 800 yds, 6 for 600 yds, etc), and that is the inches of elevation you have to correct for on your scope/sights. What's wrong with running the program with 1000 yd zero and then seeing what is says elevation is at 100 yds to correct, and why are they different?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolfhd View Post
I have the book and it is GREAT!! If you don't have it, order it! I have a question: This and other long range shooting books say the same thing. If you're shooting long range, say 1000 yds, run the ballistics program with 100 yd zero, see what the drop is at 1000 yds and divide that by 10 ( 8 for 800 yds, 6 for 600 yds, etc), and that is the inches of elevation you have to correct for on your scope/sights. What's wrong with running the program with 1000 yd zero and then seeing what is says elevation is at 100 yds to correct, and why are they different?
I think it is because the line of sight is slightly different.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Silver Member

This book is just what I was looking for. After reading it the first time I had a much better sppreciation of exterior ballistics. Reading it the second time with a pencil, paper, calculater, and occasional use of an EXCEL spreadshhet was even more informative than the first time through.

This is a "must read" for anyone who aspires to hunt more than 50 yards beyond point blank range. It brings one back to the realities of long range shooting.

Well done Brian.

Fitch