Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

New Ballistics Program From Berger Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Ballistics Program From Berger Bullets

It's a cute little calculator but has no value to me without MOA correction values.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.

Unread 01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
It's a cute little calculator but has no value to me without MOA correction values.
It can output MOA:

-Bryan
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl135 View Post
The effects of altitude are captured in the Air Pressure input. If you hold the mouse pointer over the word 'Pressure' on the program, a table will pop-up that tabulates the air pressure at altitude. You can pick the pressure that corresponds with your altitude. This was done intentionally because altitude and pressure effects are commonly misunderstood and miss-applied in ballistics programs. This is the best way I could think of to handle it.

-Bryan
That is a great idea Bryan. A few years ago I was looking for a way to make that very thing 'idiot proof'. What I did was have a check box with two options. Altitude or station pressure. If Station pressure was checked, there was no altitude field. If altitude was checked it offered you another check box for if the user knew the corrected for sea level pressure or not. If the user checked no then no pressure box appeared and the code defaulted to 29.92" Hg. If yes was checked, then a field appreared for the sea level pressure. Example below:

Choice #1:

Choice #2:

Choice #3:

I thought that was a pretty slick idea. I do however, like yours a bit better.
Good job and thanks again.

M
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Bryan. Much more usefull now. I only looked at the program a couple minutes and didn't see it right off. I would have found it eventually.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Unread 02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Bronze Member

Eric- Any chance of getting a program like this for the Droid Phones? Motorola android phones by Verizon or others? I see there are Iphone apps out there, but I am a verizon guy and need a droid phone. Let me know. Thanks.
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Gold Member

Thank you guys great program the simplicity is greatly appreciated.
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRumbum View Post
Eric- Any chance of getting a program like this for the Droid Phones? Motorola android phones by Verizon or others? I see there are Iphone apps out there, but I am a verizon guy and need a droid phone. Let me know. Thanks.
Give Bryan your feedback at bryan.litz@bergerbullets.com. He is the one who can make this happen.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets