Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New Allen Magnum and APS rifle design finally ready to test....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: New Allen Magnum and APS rifle design finally ready to test....

Dparks,

Currently, NONE!!

I am working on a 338 Allen Magnum based on the 408 Chey Tac case. Have all the componants in shop but need to work on customers rifles before my own so I can sleep at night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!

There will also be a 300 Allen Mag and more then likely a 375 Allen Mag coming this next year all based on the CT case.

There is also a 510 Allen Mag which I have the rifle and receiver for but need to get the barrel. This little pill is based on the 50 BMG case!!

Also in the "idea" stage is a 50 cal version based on the 408 CT case. This will also probably happen next summer or winter depending on research funds!!!

Is this the D. Parks that terrorized Bozeman MT with me???

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]

I am working on a 338 Allen Magnum based on the 408 Chey Tac case. Have all the componants in shop but need to work on customers rifles before my own so I can sleep at night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

WEl hurry up so you can rest up really well and got on that .338 AM.

You know that after I get the first one I won't be happy with just it. So you had better get after it. That way Bill, Lerch, and the rest of the gang can all work out the bugs before I have time to save up for mine. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 02-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Yep!! I will send you an email to your other account.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dparks,

Currently, NONE!!

There will also be a 300 Allen Mag and more then likely a 375 Allen Mag coming this next year all based on the CT case.

There is also a 510 Allen Mag which I have the rifle and receiver for but need to get the barrel. This little pill is based on the 50 BMG case!!

Also in the "idea" stage is a 50 cal version based on the 408 CT case. This will also probably happen next summer or winter depending on research funds!!!

Is this the D. Parks that terrorized Bozeman MT with me???

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I know how to work this BBS, I will answer again. Yep, it's me!! I am all but guaranteed a Montana antelope tag this year but the wife will allow me only 1 trip and there is a big (at least 26" wide, and thick) 5X5 whitetail in Nebraska with my name on it. So that means I am putting in for impossible to draw hunts only so that I will "fail" and get to go to nebraska to hunt Muy Grande! 2007 is when I figure to get to Montana speed goat hunting. So far this year, I have put in for New Mexico trophy elk, Oryx, antelope, and bighorn sheep plus Utah trophy elk. I still plan on putting in for Nevada trophy mulies, and probably a Colorado trophy something hunt.

Now, I am a big .30 nut, having given up the 7mm mag we use to chase speed goats and "dogs" with. I use my SAKO .30-.378, still use my 300 but also just got a .300 ultra.

Kirby, please email me the cost and time for your .300 Allen. Also say hi to Becky and your parents for me, hopefully speed goats in 07!!!