Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

New addition to the Allen family....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

New addition to the Allen family....

To all,

Just to keep things on the up and up, Over the last several evenings, I have finished up the first 50 Allen Tactical rifle. THis round is basically my 338 AM necked up to 0.510" to shoot the 50 BMG bullets.

I just started initial load testing. Started with 110 gr of RL-22 under a Mil surplus 700 gr AP BT. First shot had a hang fire long enough to have a sandwitch between trigger fall and ignition!!!

Jumped up 10 more gains and things started to settle in. No chrono data yet, just getting an idea of the working powder ranges to start with. Basically just wanted to see if she went bang!!!

Made it up to 142 gr RL-22 and still no pressure signs in any way and at 100% load density. Rl-22 may be to slow for the 700 gr pill, H-4350 or Rl-19 maybe just right. Rl-22 should be about perfect for the heavier pills such as the 750 gr A-Max and the 835 gr ULD RBBT SP if I dare to try her in this rifle. Recoil in the 16 lb rifle with 142 gr is not warm and fuzzy!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Main reason I posted!!!

Saturday morning at 9:14 am little Kenzie Marie Allen decided to show up 2 weeks early making my wife and I first time parents!!

She was 20" long and weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. Not a monster but surely a keeper. She is getting cuter every day!!!! When they arrive you really wonder what they will turn out like!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, the last couple days have been a bit crazy as all of you with kids know all to well. As a newbie I am learning fast but have a scary amount to learn in a hurry.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. As far as customers, I have a couple pressing projects that I still want to get out ASAP but this may slow things down a few days until we get the new little beauty settled in and not keeping us up through the nights. I appreciate all your patients and assure you the delays will not be long.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
SPONSOR

Re: New addition to the Allen family....

Kirby,
A big congrats on your new addition. Parenting is one of the amazing ways that God grows up. Just wait till she gets interested in boys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Enjoy every moment-they grow up faster than you would ever imagine.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Sponsor

Very good Kirby. I'm happy for you. I'd consider myself lucky just to have a healthy child. You take whatever time you need to keep momma and newbie comfortable.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Silver Member

Kirby
Congrats on the little girl enjoy her all you can they grow up way to fast.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Fantastic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Great looking baby.

Now just get her to smile and post the picture so we can finally see an Allen smile [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It doesn't get any better than that. Now I know why you were a little behind in shop work about 8 or 9 months back. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hope momma and baby are well and they don't let the cold weather get to them.

I have a 1 year old grand daughter named Makenzie and she gets called "Kenzie". You picked a good name.

Congrats Kirby, talk about a super Christmas present. looks like you built another keeper. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Silver Member

Kids truly are one of the best gifts you can ever recieve in life. Even though some days you won't think so...

Enjoy her. They grow fast....
Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Silver Member

Congratulations Kirby to you and your wife!

I've got a daughter due to arrive in February as well. The first one is a little nerve wracking, if you're not used to taking care of them, but you'll step up fine I imagine. Just remember that they grow up real fast, faster than you imagine. Enjoy and again, congratulations.

Matt Roth