Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

New 6.5 Idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New 6.5 Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmRHB View Post
Thanks guys, I love the way it turned out. Steve does a mean custom paint job!! I just wanted something different and I think we accomplished that. After all the alterations I did on the stock to make it fit and look the way I wanted, it's good to see something besides Bondo!!

I think Steve does a great job!!Thanks Steve !!

Now it's time to see if it shoots? If Steve gets the resize dies done this weekend I'll break it in and see what we have next week? ------ 7mmRHB
Can't wait!.....Rich
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Ok RHB the ball is in our court I need to get some work done,

Here's the fireforming barrel I didn't get it out of the lathe yet, and the full length die, just need to screw the barrel on the action and we can start fireforming.We are getting close to the day of truth I hope it works ut as we had planned.
By the way the seating die is made out of Forester 260 Rem die got it reamed out today to.
I think all the machining is done, now maybe some fun.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
New 6.5 Idea-photo-3-1-.jpg   New 6.5 Idea-photo-7-1-.jpg  

Elk Meadow Performance
www.elkmeadowperformance.com
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

Looks good Steve, I'll be by tomorrow morning to pick up the die and we will get this break-in done. Then we can see what happens when we open up the throttle!!---- 7mmRHB .
Old 02-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Silver Member

Well guys I'm 12 rounds into the break-in and I've got one land top that refuses to quit grabbing copper. I'm going to load a dozen more and try it again in the next few days. Hopefully it will go away with a little more effort ! Never have a problem like this on customer bbls, just my own!!

I guess I better get back to brass work and bedding jobs so I can pay for my projects. I'll try to get back with some new info soon. ---- 7mmRHB
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmRHB View Post
Well guys I'm 12 rounds into the break-in and I've got one land top that refuses to quit grabbing copper. I'm going to load a dozen more and try it again in the next few days. Hopefully it will go away with a little more effort ! Never have a problem like this on customer bbls, just my own!!

I guess I better get back to brass work and bedding jobs so I can pay for my projects. I'll try to get back with some new info soon. ---- 7mmRHB
Don't you hate that! Should have built a 3 groover and reduced the chances. Keep us posted........Rich
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

That's a sweet case design, fits in a short action, perfect capacity for the 6.5, and good geometry. I was hopin' you'd call it the 6.5 WTF. Or mabey, the 6.5 Retired, cause I'd have to retire to make cases. Steve does as nice a paint job as can be had! I'm lookin' forward to seein' the numbers. An invite on range day would be eagerly accepted too!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Silver Member

I have done business with 7mm RHB & SJ-Pratt for years these guys are the real deal believe me.. they have built quit a few rifles for me over the years .. here are some photos of the last rifle

6.5X47 Lapua
Borden Action
manners Stock
custom paint
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
New 6.5 Idea-ximg_0064.jpg   New 6.5 Idea-ximg_0066.jpg