Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

New 300 WSM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: New 300 WSM

Sakofan, mine is r/h but they make a left hand although the guys who bought those are still waiting to get them. One advantage to the Montana short action is that the magazine is long enough ( 3.12" if I remember correctly ) to load long bullets like JLK and Berger without pushing them back into your powder column and without having to buy and install a Wyatt box. I originally looked at the HS Precision but their short action box was only 2.858". I am not technically inclined enough to compare one action's attributes to another but I certainly can't complain with the way it shoots all bullets that have been put into it so for ( 175 JLK, 155 Lapua, 168 SMK, 175 SMK ). hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

Re: New 300 WSM

Sakofan, mine is r/h but they make a left hand although the guys who bought those are still waiting to get them. One advantage to the Montana short action is that the magazine is long enough ( 3.12" if I remember correctly ) to load long bullets like JLK and Berger without pushing them back into your powder column and without having to buy and install a Wyatt box. I originally looked at the HS Precision but their short action box was only 2.858". I am not technically inclined enough to compare one action's attributes to another but I certainly can't complain with the way it shoots all bullets that have been put into it so for ( 175 JLK, 155 Lapua, 168 SMK, 175 SMK ). hope this helps.