close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

New 30/375 wildcat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57  
Unread 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,693
Re: New 30/375 wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman123 View Post
The neck length is .320 on my cases but it's trimmed back compared to what it was originally so I could have the cases all the same length. 2.252 nearest I can measure to the neck shoulder junction. 2.562 OAL. .511 on a sized case across the shoulder. 35 degree shoulder angle.

The gunsmith designed the reamer and owns it. If I continue on with 30-375RPR I'll have him chamber it again.
gunman123,
Could you post a drawing with specs of your 30 - 375 casing. Or the spec sheet for the chamber reamer?

If not, what's the dimension from the case head to the shoulder. That's about the only dimension lacking on your casing, from the information you've already provided. Thanks for contributing.
Reply With Quote
  •   #58  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 07:35 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: IOWA
    Posts: 2,120
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    Just curious, what is the status of this project now?

    Last edited by trueblue; 11-20-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Reply With Quote

      #59  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 09:56 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 5,025
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Just curious, what is the status of this project now?
    I have a reamer designed and the manufacturer is waiting for the go ahead. Dies are about 8-10 weeks out from Hornady. Most of the rifle components are ordered and I plan on having one put together by around the first of March.....Rich
    Reply With Quote
      #60  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 10:17 AM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 87
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
    gunman123,
    Could you post a drawing with specs of your 30 - 375 casing. Or the spec sheet for the chamber reamer?

    If not, what's the dimension from the case head to the shoulder. That's about the only dimension lacking on your casing, from the information you've already provided. Thanks for contributing.
    The nearest I can measure is 2.125

    Sorry I can't help out farther. The gunsmith has all the actual dimensions. I don't believe he wants them public.
    Reply With Quote
      #61  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 5,025
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gunman123 View Post
    The nearest I can measure is 2.125

    Sorry I can't help out farther. The gunsmith has all the actual dimensions. I don't believe he wants them public.
    That should leave around a .346" neck, right?........Rich
    Reply With Quote
      #62  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: SW Montana
    Posts: 5,641
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    What would the problem be with pushing the shoulder back with a regular 375 Ruger die modified like Paul has said then stepping the neck down with a bushing die and fire forming the shoulder out to 40 degrees.
    __________________
    "Pain is weakness leaving your body"
    Reply With Quote
      #63  
    Unread 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 5,025
    Re: New 30/375 wildcat

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
    What would the problem be with pushing the shoulder back with a regular 375 Ruger die modified like Paul has said then stepping the neck down with a bushing die and fire forming the shoulder out to 40 degrees.
    If Pauls theory works with the 375 die, and I think it will, that is what we plan on doing. This also falls right in with Gunmans spec. My case body is slightly longer with about the same neck. (because of the 40 degree shoulder). Also my body will have .006" less taper.
    The end result will be around a 1 grain increase in case capacity over Gunmans case (although I haven't really calculated that)......Rich
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: New 30/375 wildcat
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    another 6.5 wildcat elkaholic Long Range Hunting & Shooting 15 04-16-2013 04:39 PM
    7mm Wildcat RH300UM Reloading Equipment and Components 2 03-25-2011 09:57 PM
    25 cal 125 uld wildcat chino034 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 0 04-07-2008 05:58 PM
    6.5 Wildcat gbp Reloading 3 05-09-2007 08:03 PM
    Wildcat 125 ULD, 25 cal. srhaggerty Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 4 11-08-2005 08:25 AM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC