Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Nesika problems, now what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Nesika problems, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpetritz View Post
I have been planning on building a 6.5/284 using a Nesika KT action. I have been reading that people are having customer service problems with Nesika recently. With that in mind does anyone have suggestions for an alternative custom action? I want to build a repeater that is not overly heavy (I plan on using a #5 fluted barrel). I would like to use a short action in conjunction with a Seekins detachable magazine system so I can seat 142 grain bullets to the neck/shoulder junction and maintain reliable feeding (approximately 3.050" OAL). I want a stainless action. Any recommendations? BAT? Borden? Other?

BAT makes the best actions. If you had planned on a Nesika, the BATs are better and roughly same price.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Lightvarmint

Hello,

Of the ones you are considering. The BAT company has by far the best customer service and customer relations that I have seen.

I have had poor service out of the other two that were mentioned. Specifically, on one, we were attempting to purchase a complete rifle that was in stock and requested some photos....... They just could not get around to it in a week period and had an excuse of a bad back preventing them from taking the photos. Now, I know that all of these companies have more than one person capable of using a camera in an effort to sell one of their advertised guns...... They also have folks who can answer emails and send out information. But they chose not to do it.

Stick with the BAT and I think you will be very happy with the service and the products and I bet you will get fewer excuses.

James
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek M. View Post
BAT makes the best actions. If you had planned on a Nesika, the BATs are better and roughly same price.

What makes them better?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Silver Member

I don't think they are talking about the quality of the action.

It has been suggested that Nesika is suffering from financial problems.....No offense intended, just thought you should know.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

Oh, make no mistake, they are suffering from financial problems. It's exactly why I left. Two weeks after I bailed (June 06) they filed C11. (I was the production manager and head GS for three years)

Rumors from back home say they (Dakota/Nesika) got an eviction notice here recently cause they are close to 6 figures behind on rent.

I have a genuine affection for the product, but executive level management (not the original owner(s), the people/person who owns it now) has real talent at running good companies straight into the ground.

There are much cheaper and easier ways to dig holes in the earth. . .
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to hear that.

I hope you got paid....Nothing worse than an owner going broke and not paying his guys.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesikaChad View Post
What makes them better?
Gunsmith feedback